[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Trader Tom's Carvings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trader Tom's Carvings
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-03 12:21 am   Permalink

Here's some progress shots on the bar board. I decided to carve a bamboo pattern for some weird reason. It's damn hard. I should have just bought bamboo! Even though there are a lot of mistakes I'm going to keep going till it's finished and see what it looks like stained. I'll use a dark stain on the background and a light stain on the foreground parts for definition. I may not put it on the bar but I'll use it for something.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-05 09:28 am   Permalink

Cool! Can't wait to see it progress!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-06 03:20 am   Permalink

AHH, The THRILL of that First tiki and a good one too, I wish my first was half that good. Keep chopping, every one is practice for he next!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-06 12:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks, guys!

I have a 3 foot palm log and a 5 foot palm log seasoning right now on my back patio with plenty of tarps to keep the rainy weather off. I'll wait for them to dry out a bit before I tackle another Tiki pole carve, but in the meantime I'll work on the board project and post pics when I'm done.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation