FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VW BUS 74 tiki-fied with help from Lake and ChipandAndy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
VW BUS 74 tiki-fied with help from Lake and ChipandAndy
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 8:28 pm   Permalink

So this stuff is on Facebook but I figured I'd share with Non facebook people (I understand - I just joined)
SO its a 1974 VW bus the original color was Bali Yellow someone painted it White with bad paint so we brought it back to close to original. It was delivered to New york in the 73 year and traveled the country spending time in California - We know this because it and a ton of SMOG equipment on it when I reclaimed it in the state of New York. So theres a bit of history - heres some pics -

Panels Carved By Lake Tiki and Curtains by Chipandandy (or andy/fasionista)

Its not yet done as of this post but hoping to get it together mid July 2010- I'll update as I get more shots of it..feel free to jump in and let me know thoughts and ideas! Freddie balls is working on a tiki shifter for me should be fun!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 9:33 pm   Permalink

that is looking great......would love to see it when it is finished!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-19 11:54 pm   Permalink

Wow, the worked wood panels are a really nice touch. Cool paint color and I dig the curtain fabric too. (Plays nicely off the paint.) This is gonna be really swell.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 12:42 pm   Permalink

Now THAT is just SO COOL!!!!

Too bad it's not quite done, as it would be great for you to join us at Ohana in Lake George, NY & arrive in your sweet VW bus!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 3:49 pm   Permalink

that is very well done! congrats!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 7:18 pm   Permalink

was hoping for the Ohana scene when we started in Feb - but its a no go. Sadly as Lake and Andy will be there and I won't!
Anyway, thanks vfor the feed back and anyone else feel free to jump in - I'll update pics as I get more.
For now the "original" plaid will stay. But maybe someday it will change to a "different" color. I'm gonna have dogs in there so I'll let them mess up the 30+ year old stuff first!

Fun stuff -
Mahalo

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-21 09:42 am   Permalink

It'd be easy to do a quickie recover on the back seat/cushions with some cheap yard goods or bed sheets. On the front seats you could use a classic (and classy!) summer vehicle treatment: T-shirts. Maybe some of these are still available.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-21 10:37 am   Permalink

Excellent Project! Love those VW's. Sweet panels.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 08:21 am   Permalink

Yeah, the panels look great. Very nice right from the start.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 5:08 pm   Permalink

man. i am jealous i think.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-06 5:57 pm   Permalink

very very nice!!! like the door panels tiki bad

View Profile of tikibad Send a personal message to tikibad  Email tikibad Goto the website of tikibad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-04 07:25 am   Permalink

that is one rad ride! are you going to add any artwork to the exterior or just keep it yellow?

View Profile of Bau Send a personal message to Bau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-10 10:13 pm   Permalink

Nice Westie! I had my doubts at first but it came out very well without ruining a classic bus!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-10 10:21 pm   Permalink

a few more almost done.. No adding art to the outside its gonna stay yellow. I may do a Polynesian Tiki toes / auto lei on the white poptop front and back and a few stickers on glass area.

Mahalo for the complements

tiki under the table- LAKE TIKI

aloha print on interior of door - LAKE TIKI

fashiontramp curtains

I have silver/VW cleaned up hubcaps to cover the wheels/ all white rims

tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 6:55 pm   Permalink

BBBEEEAAAAUUUUTTTTIIIIIIFFFUUULLLLLL!!!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation