FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » to Shag or not to Shag
to Shag or not to Shag
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 8:09 pm   Permalink

Hmmm.
Some Brain’ie’ack planed a Shag Show some’tin or other, downtown, during the Fri. night Ape set at the Oasis III. For those of you lucky enough to get out there by 7:30 PM, Ape will be performing our cocktail-exotica set till 8:15 or so. THE MAJORITY OF THE APE/OASIS TIKI WILL BE CARVED FRI NIGHT. Virgin log to be sacrificed at 7:30 sharp!

Up to 17 songs of wood chip flying wonder!!

Sat. night we will be performing our Dance Jungle Party set at 11:00 PM till the PSPD riot squad shuts us down. More monkey’n around then chopping wood.

So if staring down the 2D dim and standing around for the same old Shag is your thing. Then eat your heart out... while APE and I will be playing our hearts out on stage at the Oasis III!

See you all there... I’m off tonight to help Ben get the ShipWreck ‘Reef‘ ship-shape. We will hear no critique till it is done many months from now. It is a work in Progress and will be for some time.

Save your replies for Fri Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://tikimania.com/ape.html

PS: if a signature is what you are after then I'll sign my limited edition of 500 APE keychain (150 Brown / 150 Red) for you. They'er only $5!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2003-05-07 20:13 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:32 am   Permalink

Hey Al,
I apologize that your band is scheduled to play at the same time as the SHAG show takes place (7 - 9 pm Friday at M Modern Gallery - 400 N. Palm Canyon Drive) as we would have loved to have caught the act.

As you may have noticed we are a proud sponsor of the Tiki Oasis III and were asked (what an honor) to do this show by SHAG and Otto. We locals, here in Palm Springs, are extremely excited about having Shag and his cool retro art in our town for the first time. We are also happy to be graced at the same time with the cool Tiki Oasis III event.

I'm sure that whichever venue people choose to attend that evening (maybe even both) they will be thoroughly entertained.
Hope to catch your show on Saturday evening though. I'm sure both of the APE shows will kick some Tiki Ass!

Maybe we could play a video of your guys show on the plasma screen at the gallery after (simulcast would probably be a bit too difficult this late in the game).

PS. Brain'ie'ack? - I always thought of myself as more of a sarcastic, elitist, long haired tiki snob... Oh well!

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 07:34 am   Permalink

I heard the bar has a lot of Crazy Al'Z and Bamboo Ben'Z FEMININE side showing.
Since they have tried so hard to use (the other half of their brain)
Let's make sure we all tell them.

HEY, COULDN'T THIS BAR HAVE BEEN A LITTLE MORE MANLY

WHAT IS THIS THE TIKI CENTRAL ALTERNITIVE LIFE STYLE BAR.

ADAM COROLLA WOULD NEVER SIT HERE, WHERE'S THE JUGGY GIRLS?

I'm sure the bar is alltime, but the boys are worried with such a big test this weekend, so let's tell em what we think and bring them another drink.
Al Ben THANKS FOR THE EFFORT
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:19 pm   Permalink

You don't gotta sell me on it, Al. I wouldn't miss APE if Bax had his own show at that gallery. Not sure what that ment.......just didn't want to leave Bax out. But seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing APE again. I haven't stopped playing the CD since we got back from Vegas.

Chop n' f'n Roll

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-05-08 12:20 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 4:24 pm   Permalink

But PLEEEEEZE don't miss Clouseaux's ONE and ONLY OASIS show!!! We're Friday night at 9:30, when a lot of you post-Shag-show folks might be getting dinner. All the other bands seem to be playing two different shows (Friday AND Saturday), so don't assume that you can catch us Saturday!

Already mentally there,
Miss Formica Dinette

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 7:15 pm   Permalink

I won't miss any of the music.

Lounge n' f'n Roll

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-08 9:06 pm   Permalink

Ape.....APE......APE !!!!

All I can Say !!

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-09 12:15 am   Permalink

a Drink in my hand and APE!!
What a mix!!

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-09 12:33 am   Permalink

er.. Hello! a drink *IS* dinner at Tiki Oasis. ask for extra fruit and a Tikibek.

Clouseaux makes for un appertif parfait!

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

[ This Message was edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-05-09 00:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-05-09 00:36 ]

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LapuRocker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-10 11:27 pm   Permalink

I decided to hang out with the Mom this weekend.....have fun all.

View Profile of LapuRocker Send a personal message to LapuRocker  Email LapuRocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-11 8:15 pm   Permalink

Wish I had skipped the Shag show and caught ape! It was bogus! Did see Ape Sat. night! Awesomeingly entertaining, but can Al please button his shirt so my wife won't stare at his six pack!?!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-11 9:08 pm   Permalink

Ape Rules! (as simple as that!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tik tok tikis

Posted: 2003-05-11 9:52 pm   Permalink

Are you sure that's a six pack and not a pack of hot dogs?!?!?

View Profile of tik tok tikis Send a personal message to tik tok tikis  Email tik tok tikis Goto the website of tik tok tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation