Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Ren Clark Severed Head Mug on Ebay
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Ren Clark Severed Head Mug on Ebay
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 8:58 pm   Permalink

If you haven't found it already, here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3222893851&category=29460

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 9:42 pm   Permalink

HOLY JEEZ!!!!.....i bet this goes for a mint!!!!....let the madness begin!!LOL!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 9:57 pm   Permalink

Damnit! Why did you have to go and tell everyone!!

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Lanai in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2003-05-07 21:58 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 10:42 pm   Permalink

I'd bet money that no one on TC will end up the high bidder- I think those nutty bidders are not members. This guy was smart and put "tiki mug" in the title too...

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:57 am   Permalink

I corresponded with one of the eBay high rollers for awhile who told me that this mug is on the top of their list to obtain. I've seen this person bid $400 on mugs like it was nothing. So I would expect it could go that high or more. Although I would love to have this one I will definitely not be bidding. One day into the auction and it's already way beyond my limit. Of course, I do have a lottery ticket in my wallet that I haven't checked yet.......hmmm.

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 01:09 am   Permalink

It's got a CRACK in it.

That makes it practically worthless in my book (my book also includes two of these babies hehehe)

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-08 09:33 am   Permalink

I know this will make me sound like a heretic, but that mug doesn't say 'tiki' or polynesian to me. The head looks like a bust of Michael Landon or something.

To me, it's the tulip of tiki mugs...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 09:47 am   Permalink

Bong, I agree. That mug is considered tiki by default. Here is description of the history of that mug that I posted in another thread:

"Ren Clark was the President of a magician's society in Texas. As a matter of fact, if you type in "Ren Clark" on Yahoo you'll most likely get links to his past as a reknowned magician. He had a regular magic act at his restaurant, the Polynesian Village. His show ended with an act that consisted of a person losing their head to a guillotine - hence, the severed head souvenir mug.

The question is, "Is this mug tiki?" In my opinion no. However, Ren Clark's Polynesian Village certainly was a tiki establishment of Polynesian Pop proportions. As such, the mug has a connection to the tiki/polynesian pop genre as it is definitely an artifact from a now defunct tiki temple.

I personally love the mug because its so different. It's just one of those mugs that I think would look way cool on my shelf. Will I ever get one? Probably not. As I've said before, I'm too cheap to dish out the kind of bucks required to obtain a find like that one."

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=2095&forum=5&start=15

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 09:50 am   Permalink

Damnit! Why did you have to go and tell everyone!!

Ha ha, now that he has HIS. I don't suspect it to go for as much as some record-setting mugs. As stated, it's not real "tiki", plus, prices are definitely going down. I won't be bidding, too much other stuff I want...and won't get.

One of those items was the latest "Sufferin Bastard" decanter that was just on Ebay. I say just on 'cause now it is off. Seems the seller took an offer to "end early". I emailed the seller, stating I hoped he received a nice profit 'case these go for quite a pretty sum.

Just heard back, seller asked if like "$50 was a lot". He had no idea what it was, just picked it up at estate sale for $3. Told him what it usually fetched on Ebay.

Never sell early! It means people want it. Such as moi....

Tiki mugs not ending early, or selling for that much!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:34 pm   Permalink

Nice Bong! 'Little House on the Prarie' mug from the episode 'Charles Landon meets the Indians'.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 2:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-08 09:50, midnite_tiki wrote:Never sell early! It means people want it. Such as moi....

The corollary to that is never wait till the last moment to bid.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 2:38 pm   Permalink

The corollary to that is never wait till the last moment to bid.

Yes, that has happened to us a few times. Wait, wait, wait, and then the pc gets a cramp. Lose out! No Esnipe for us either, we bid the old fashioned way. Hey, around here we're just trying to walk upright and not be afraid of fire.

And speaking of bidders waiting for the last moment. Nothing is worse when one has items on Ebay. Midnite has stuff for sale on Ebay, who knew? I know everyone waits, so do we, but Arrrggghh!...frustrating.

midnite, no link to auctions!

edited by midnite at 1:39 PST for removal of adult content.

[ This Message was edited by: midnite_tiki on 2003-05-08 14:39 ]

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suffering bastard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-08 3:22 pm   Permalink

Now there is another SB decanter listed....this one starts at $99 with a "buy now" option of $400. I hadn't seen the listing mentioned above. I wonder if Midnite's seller told their would-be $50 buyer to take a hike and relisted it?

View Profile of suffering bastard Send a personal message to suffering bastard  Email suffering bastard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 3:32 pm   Permalink

I want to know what allows sellers to cancel on eBay. It's happened to items I was bidding on twice now and there's no reason given when you look at the history.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 4:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-08 15:22, suffering bastard wrote:
Now there is another SB decanter listed....this one starts at $99 with a "buy now" option of $400. I hadn't seen the listing mentioned above. I wonder if Midnite's seller told their would-be $50 buyer to take a hike and relisted it?

That is the same guy! I had the item on my "watching" list and now the price is far from obtainable! I think I'm gonna stop looking at Ebay now - this is too depressing!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation