Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Ren Clark Severed Head Mug on Ebay
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Ren Clark Severed Head Mug on Ebay
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 12:02 am   Permalink

I see the severed head gavel fell:

$355

Pretty good, considering it is cracked. But still, I know of a TC member that got one for, oh never mind.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzywong
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 09:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-08 15:32, Cultjam wrote:
I want to know what allows sellers to cancel on eBay. It's happened to items I was bidding on twice now and there's no reason given when you look at the history.

Sellers can and do end the auctions early. Mnay times (not all) if a bid is on the item, they won't end it. I have heard of sellers saying an item broke etc, if they don't get a bid high enough so they don't have to sell it.

View Profile of suzywong Send a personal message to suzywong  Email suzywong     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-18 01:37 am   Permalink

Ah... another Ren Clark mug cancelled early for "unknown" reasons. The seller had all the right keywords. I bet it would have gone for more than he was offered in the end.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3246716339&category=29460

It reminds me of that mug from the Mauna Loa in Mexico City that was just posted recently.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-18 10:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-08 15:32, Cultjam wrote:
I want to know what allows sellers to cancel on eBay. It's happened to items I was bidding on twice now and there's no reason given when you look at the history.

I've had people send me emails asking that if I would cancel the auction in order to sell them the specific item for a specific amount of cash right now. The offer would be much over the present bid. They just don't want to bother with the hassle (lazy ass) of the bidding process of the item they really want to possess, and with the guarantee that it will be theirs, and not yours. I have never fallen for this tactic just to make a few more bucks.
Strike up another THANKS for the lazy ass rich.

I agree with Sabu and Bong, this is more Azteca \ Mayan Mexico if anything.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-10-18 10:52 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-18 3:37 pm   Permalink

I just want to find out more about Ren Clark and his story. His joint had the Tikis carved by Milan Guanko! And there MUST be a shot of a beehived 60s beauty holding the Headhunter mug and smiling, SOMEWHERE! (Just like those Tiki Bob's mainland lingerie gals, Zazz!)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-18 8:31 pm   Permalink

yeah no kidding. that place is such a mystery.. kind of like the magician himself..

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 10:29 am   Permalink

I am curious: why is sniping using automated sniping software okay, but asking a seller to end early "lazy-ass"? I got steamed once in a thread here about sniping, but had loads of people step up to defend it, and changed my mind. Surely asking to end early is not THAT much different? Once again, it's all about how much you want the item...

emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 10:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-23 10:29, emspace wrote:
I am curious: why is sniping using automated sniping software okay, but asking a seller to end early "lazy-ass"? I got steamed once in a thread here about sniping, but had loads of people step up to defend it, and changed my mind. Surely asking to end early is not THAT much different? Once again, it's all about how much you want the item...

Sniping is getting a legal bid in the auction at the last minute. Sniping doesn't undercut anyone, since everyone is aware of when the auction will end and has the opportunity to place their maximum bid. Offering a seller money to end the auction early undercuts everyone else, in a sense pulling the rug out from under everyone, and is a violation of auction rules. It doesn't give anyone else the opportunity to bid their highest amount.

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 12:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-18 15:37, bigbrotiki wrote:
And there MUST be a shot of a beehived 60s beauty holding the Headhunter mug and smiling, SOMEWHERE! (Just like those Tiki Bob's mainland lingerie gals, Zazz!)

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-10-23 12:27 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 2:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-10-23 10:35, TheMuggler wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-10-23 10:29, emspace wrote:

Sniping is getting a legal bid in the auction at the last minute. Sniping doesn't undercut anyone, since everyone is aware of when the auction will end and has the opportunity to place their maximum bid. Offering a seller money to end the auction early undercuts everyone else, in a sense pulling the rug out from under everyone, and is a violation of auction rules. It doesn't give anyone else the opportunity to bid their highest amount.

'kay. I'm feelin' easy today, since I just got sacked. Is that a paradox?

em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 2:26 pm   Permalink

I'm pretty sure a fellow tc'er got a seller to close an auction on a coconut mug I was bidding on this week. It's all good the way I see, the bidding, sniping, convincing,trading is all part of the fun of collecting I think. I've cancelled an auction to make a trade which I would always rather do than sell/buy.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 6:31 pm   Permalink

They say confession is good for the soul...McDougall, 'twas I who convinced that coconut-seller to dispense with the auction. I will never do it again, and not just because my eBay days are over for the foreseeable future. I could sense the insanity about to rain down where I work, and I wanted that sucker SO BAD...blame Duke and Amy for putting it in "Tiki Quest". I was under buttloads of stress and I wanted just one thing to go my way. Now my job is kaput, but my consolation coconut will be there to remind me of these happy, free-spending days..

I will pray to all the gods that another one shows up really soon.

aloha,
emspace.

McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-24 08:53 am   Permalink

Lol, Yeah I was pretty sure it was you, like I said though, I see nothing wrong with the deal, congrats. Another will come around I'm sure.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation