FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Indentity/Orgin of this tiki? I now know it is a Barney West Tiki!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Indentity/Orgin of this tiki? I now know it is a Barney West Tiki!
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-25 10:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-25 08:13, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
really excited about the prospect of perhaps one more turning up; the seller mentioned he still had a few more back at home in Marin. I asked him to please keep me in mind if he decides to sell them and asked him at the very least to send me some pictures the next time he goes home. I told him if I couldn't afford to buy them, I knew there would be some interest among the tiki collecting community in them. I believe the person I bought these from is a student and could probably use the extra cash...I am encouraged in the fact he contacted me after this sale and wrote "I'll keep you in mind for other tikis I might have lying around".
So who knows...there may be a couple of more Barney West tikis "lying around" in Marin!

Wow! That would be amazing...IF they are of the same caliber. Not to put a damper on this, but I often had the experience that folks who don't know "Tiki" can't really tell one apart from the other, and that they make you fantasize about Tiki treasures that turn out to be some painted palm fronts. They see you're excitement, they want to please....As I said, not to belittle the possibility, but by experience I am always a cautious sceptic until I SEE it with my own eyes. Once I saw this one (in PTD's pics), I got REALLY excited

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-25 11:03 am   Permalink

This was great reading. Congrats PTD. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-25 3:23 pm   Permalink

I would love to have a Barney. Not the purple one.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-25 4:17 pm   Permalink

great score, duane!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation