FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Fred's Szechuan Chinese Restaurant, Nevada City , CA (restaurant)
Fred's Szechuan Chinese Restaurant, Nevada City , CA (restaurant)
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-21 9:00 pm   Permalink

Name:Fred's Szechuan Chinese Restaurant
Type:restaurant
Street:224 Broad Street
City:Nevada City
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
This tiny place in Old Town Nevada City has a nice vintage tiki menu that has cocktails served in tiki mugs. I believe that the biker bar next door makes the drinks.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 1:44 pm   Permalink

That's a hilarious description! BUT we won't believe a thing until we see photos of the mugs and menu!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cavemoai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 17 days ago; 7:38 pm   Permalink

Went up to NorCal for T-day and had a chance to stop in at Fred's. The food was good and the drinks were by no means craft cocktails. The tiki bowl tasted like orange juice and rum and the scorpion tasted like you could've started a car with it. The drinks were made next door at The Mine Shaft and were served in Dynasty mugs. There was NO tiki decor in the restraunt or bar. I'll definitely be heading back the next time I'm up that way if only for the food.

The menu and drinks as requested by Sven:

View Profile of Cavemoai Send a personal message to Cavemoai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation