FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Jungle Fever 2010 July 30th, 31st, Sarasota
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Jungle Fever 2010 July 30th, 31st, Sarasota
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 12:09 pm   Permalink

You can tentatively pencil TorndadiTiki and myself in as attendees!

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 12:14 pm   Permalink

poop and double poop. being a slave to the company, i have to work. i would love to come down from tpa and do this. i have been wanting to try both the hut and the tv place. again, poop.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-04 05:34 am   Permalink

Robo...

I am in. We are in town that weekend. We can also host and/or sponsor some activities.

Long Live the Hut !

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-04 2:09 pm   Permalink

Great news Bo! Looking forward to having you and as many FOM locals as wish to attend. I'll be with you offline to discuss details.

Have a facebook page on it:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128214660552314

More details soon!

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queequeg

Posted: 2010-07-07 07:51 am   Permalink

July 30 and 31 are Friday and Saturday, correct? Too bad Im on call those days but I'd love to make it. Perhaps I'll be able to trade with someone....hmmmm

View Profile of Queequeg Send a personal message to Queequeg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Rick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-08 09:33 am   Permalink

Come one, come all! After our wives see the June VISA bills from the Hukilau, Robotiki and I may be banned from visiting each other for a while!

Any interest in bowling on Friday night after getting fueled up at the Bai Hai Hut?

View Profile of Trader Rick Send a personal message to Trader Rick  Email Trader Rick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 5:55 pm   Permalink

What better fun than to wear rented shoes and throw a heavy ball on polished wood. Be part of the 1st annual Tiki Bowl. There will be a trophy for highest overall score suitable for display in your swank pad.
After the two mai tai limit at the Bahi Hut, your game WILL get better.

Let's see your outrageous bowling shirts!

Robotiki

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-10 8:41 pm   Permalink

Wow! I definitely hope I can make this event! I have to check the calendar to see if I work!

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Rick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-12 10:16 am   Permalink

If this little bowling tournament works out and is a fun thing to do, I'll approach Tiki_kiliki about organizing one for the Hukilau.

View Profile of Trader Rick Send a personal message to Trader Rick  Email Trader Rick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 2:44 pm   Permalink

I've just met with Shane, the Manager at Trader Vic's about Jungle Fever. They will be providing swag items for the event. In addition, they will be donating vintage Trader Vic's items as prizes for the Tiki Bowl tournament.

There will be a prize for best overall score, and a prize for best bowling shirt (or bowling attire, for the ladies). Booze and bowling, a natural combo . Get designated drivers lined up.

I don't think we have quite enough signed on yet this year to warrant getting a trolley to shuttle us around all weekend, but that is the plan for next year for sure.

Bohemian (Bill Dillard, photographer extraordinaire is going to be setting up at the venues doing free digital prints with some of the cool backgrounds that the weekend will present.

Swag bags will be for folks Friday night at the meet and greet around the Golden Host Resort pool where we can get to put names with faces before we pour into the original 1956 Bahi Hut.

Come compare mai tais, revel in retroville.

Robotiki

Captain Squid

Posted: 2010-07-17 5:45 pm   Permalink

I'm expecting to be in SRQ that weekend with my 7 year old son in tow. I'd love to come out and meet y'all at some of the kid-friendly venues. Jungle Gardens for sure. Cheers.

View Profile of Captain Squid Send a personal message to Captain Squid  Email Captain Squid Goto the website of Captain Squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 5:47 pm   Permalink

This sounds awesome. I love the Bahi Hut.

I'm supposed to help my daughter move out of Miami that weekend but I may be done by Friday evening and if so - I'll be swinging in for some fun on my way home.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 6:08 pm   Permalink

TTornadoTiki and I will be there. Let us know the schedule of events when you get one.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 07:29 am   Permalink

Just a heads up, the Golden Host is starting to get short on rooms, so if you wish to attend and need a room, then best to get one reserved soon. As mentioned before, they are offering a 15% off when you mention Jungle Fever. This is off season, so the rooms are cheap anyway, but with the discount they are very reasonable indeed. A single room (no view at all) is 41 bucks after discount, the Garden view rooms are 50 and pool view (recommended) are 58, all plus tax.

Here's a shot of the pool area we will be in.

We are still hammering out the schedule to be posted soon. As there has already been more of a response this year than expected, we are scrambling to see if we can line up a bit more entertainment. Stand by for more details.

Robotiki

[ This Message was edited by: robotiki 2010-07-25 17:25 ]

robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 07:22 am   Permalink

I need to have an idea of how many will be joining us for Tiki Bowl so I can reserve the correct number of lanes. Trader Rick, who was supposed to be our bowling pro is now in a leg cast due to a canoe accident, but he assures me he will still be there to help run the show. Please reply or contact me with the number of ball slingers in your party.
Again there will be a prize for best overall score and a prize for best bowling attire. Even if you suck at bowling (like I do) you can come home with something if your bowling shirt is outrageous enough! Again, thanks ft Trader Vic's Island Bar & Grill for donating prizes.

Robotiki

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation