Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Primo Beer mirror sign
Primo Beer mirror sign
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-22 4:52 pm   Permalink

Started going to thrift stores this week around SC, end up in Riverside today. Found this hanging on a back wall.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 5:03 pm   Permalink

I know its not Tiki and some get annoyed with the Hawaiiana around here, but I just have to say that ever since I was a little boy visiting Kauai every year I have LOVED the Primo logo. I hope that someday in my mother's attic I can find my Primo vinyl beach bag that inflates into a pillow. Now that is something that needs to be reproduced.

And I gotta say that Primo Beer is better now than in any other incarnation it has ever had. Glad to have you back Primo.

Suck 'Em Up!

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 5:44 pm   Permalink

Second that motion SuperEight !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 6:28 pm   Permalink

Had my share of Primo draft at Long Doggers in Satellite Beach, Florida last week. Not bad and a huge hit with the locals.

Also, I might add, I've always had good luck in Riverside finding whatever I was looking for. Great purchase.

Thanks for posting. G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 7:36 pm   Permalink

Too Cool. Very nice find.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 10:29 pm   Permalink

PRIMO score on the mirror. I have found some nice PRIMO items including a can still full of beer from the 70's .

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-22 11:53 pm   Permalink

Last summer a surf shop on Kauai was having a bean bag toss for the kids during their parking lot sale. 2 of the prizes were new metal Primo signs and I was pleading with my two 10 year old nieces to try to win it for me. They were too shy. Damn kids.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-23 09:11 am   Permalink

TikiG: The table next to me at the Longdoggers in Indialantic had a pitcher of Primo going over lunch and the US-Algeria World Cup match . I was *this* close to snagging the Primo pitcher on my way out...

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-23 09:20 am   Permalink

Primo stuff used to be everywhere when I was a kid in Huntington Beach, California in the 70s.

It seems everyone had at least one promotional item hung up in the garage, a beer bottle, a sign, a mirror - whatever.

Never gave it much thought then. Try to find these items now...

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-24 09:45 am   Permalink

In the pub down the road, they have an actual 3 foot tall Primo beer menehune...Awesome!
Or was it a Longboard menehune?
Crap, I'll have to go to the pub and find out...especially since the owner just came into my bookstore to buy a stack of rum drinkology books, including Trader Vic's Tiki Party...He says they are getting several high quality rums in stock.
The birth of a new Tiki bar? Or merely menehunes at work?
...But I digress. I'll check on the Primo/Longboard question & get right back. After some Rum.
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hatfieldjim

Posted: 2010-11-14 12:44 pm   Permalink

I just found your posts on Primo by accident. It brought back fond memories.
Back in 1970 I worked as a bottler at Hawaii Brewing in Pearl City. It was sort of a brewery. The "wart" was brewed on the mainland converted to a thick syrup and sent to Hawaii by boat. It was reconstituted and the brewing process was completed. "Primo" was owner by Schlitz.

Jim

View Profile of Hatfieldjim Send a personal message to Hatfieldjim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-15 1:00 pm   Permalink

Primo,
the PBR of the Pacific,

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation