FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » JnK's Tiki Bar - Perth, Australia
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
JnK's Tiki Bar - Perth, Australia
beerminda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-27 12:44 am   Permalink

Very Classy Tiki bar awesome stuff for sure..
CheersNBeers Don,

View Profile of beerminda Send a personal message to beerminda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-29 12:13 pm   Permalink

Cool and classy. Great job

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 04:35 am   Permalink

Very, very classy. Looks like the kind of place Cocktail Nation would be broadcast from.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-03 3:06 pm   Permalink

Aha! I'm not the only one who thought of using one of those wagon wheel hub bars as a tiki bar! Did you make that one or buy it as is? I saw one a few years back here in Texas. The hubs were slightly more elaborate, the teak wood darker and more rustic. I thought the hubs looked nautical and was going to put red and green lights behind them. The bar I found was too big though, and I've been looking for a source for the hubs ever since so we could build our own.

Your place has a mid-century ocean liner feel to me. As such, the white walls fit in. How about some brass portholes? Or play up the MCM feel even more by adding to your cool collection of MCM furniture. Mike Jones' erstwhile Jetsetter Lounge could be some good inspiration. This link from the Intoxicators has some photos.
http://www.theintoxicators.com/jl04012006.html

I love to see the style variety on this forum. Nice work.

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-04 09:00 am   Permalink

I LOVE IT!!! The mix is awesome...great ceiling, chairs, couches, ambiance and the pool is fabulous. I agree, the MCM style really makes it look classy. GREAT JOB!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 05:01 am   Permalink

It looks fantastic! Great job of blending the retro vibe, surf culture, and tiki style all together. The end result is a very tidy but VERY cool little chill out pad. Also love the guitars and drums too, looks like a great place to jam with a couple of drinks =D Very similar to the kind of vibe I've got in my head for my tiki room (when I buy a place), with some hot rod culture thrown in for good measure.

I totally agree about the lack of tiki here in Oz. At least you sandgropers have the Hula Bula Bar, we're pretty short on tiki locales here in Sydney.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MustangScott
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-11 8:28 pm   Permalink

Looks fantastic. On a side note...my sister-in-law is from Perth.

View Profile of MustangScott Send a personal message to MustangScott  Goto the website of MustangScott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-28 02:31 am   Permalink

Nice Job... very classy!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-28 06:26 am   Permalink

I agree that it has a fantastic midcentury ocean liner feel to it, and I'd suggest playing up to that (the porthole idea strikes me as brilliant); keep in mind "Tiki" in its original run lasted well into the mid 70s. That means there are more flavo(u)rs of Tiki than people might generally believe.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivoose

Posted: 2011-01-15 7:08 pm   Permalink

Absolutely gorgeous tiki lounge, Ktiki. I have a spare room in my house that I want to tikify one day. I can practically taste the mai tais and hear the gentle sounds of the Tikiyaki Orchestra.

Despite being a tropical city, Cairns in North QLD has no tiki-themed bars or even any home tiki-culture scene that I know of. It's very boring.

View Profile of tikivoose Send a personal message to tikivoose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG TIKI'S
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-16 07:50 am   Permalink

KTiki,

WOW! That place exudes cool!

If I had a backyard like that it would make it very hard to leave!)

I love the night shots from the other side of the pool looking in... and the close ups of all your killer items... Very cool!

You have done a wonderful job and I can't wait to see more pic's hopefully in the near future!

View Profile of BIG TIKI'S Send a personal message to BIG TIKI'S  Email BIG TIKI'S     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-19 09:51 am   Permalink

LOVE IT! What a great job. Looks like a real swanky joint. I love your art groupings, the unusual ceiling, and...pretty much everything, really! I like the tiki/mid-century mix a lot.

Nice work!

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-20 7:27 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! I would have never thought to turn a steel shed into an awesome tiki bar!! Any plans to decorate the outside or anything? I saw that and all sorts of ideas just started running through my head..... You have def given me several new ideas to consider!! I totally love the mid-century furniture and feel. Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-23 7:27 pm   Permalink

Love your bar the most.

View Profile of Polly Send a personal message to Polly  Goto the website of Polly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KTiki

Posted: 2011-01-27 12:42 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone! Mahalo again for all your positive comments on our bar. We recently held our first Hawaiian Tiki Party to mark our joint birthdays (it was Tiki Jaymo’s 50th birthday, so of course we had to have a HAWAII FIVE 0 Party). I took a few pics before our guests arrived so I could share them with you folk at TC. It was a FANTASTIC night and we were buzzing for days after. It was so great to see all our friends wearing some really fabulous Hawaiian shirts & dresses, it really brought the bar to life … we didn’t know we could fit so many people in there! Tiki Jaymo felt the need to change his shirt 5 TIMES to showcase some of his Hawaiian shirt collection. We bought 2 x 5 litre water dispensers and converted them into Mai Tai and Blue Hawaii dispensers and pre prepped all the garnishes in advance. We didn’t realise they’d be soooo popular (we were shaking them upside down to see if any more would come out and so had to refill them!) I kept warning people that they were pretty potent but down they went like lolly water! The guitars, bongos and other instruments came out and we partied till the wee hours of the morning.

The bar is still coming along. Since, last posting some pics, we have retroed the white fridge (KTiki is REALLY happy about this!), put up a bit more matting, purchased some really cool tiki cushion covers, bought a new thatched outdoor setting and a couple more pieces of art (we even met Shag at his Perth exhibition!) I think we are going to stick with the retro/surf tiki theme but the last white wall & ceiling are still on our agenda for a tiki makeover! Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the pics. More to come with time. Cheers & happy mai tai times to you all. KTiki.

The invite

Aloha & welcome

Our newest tiki addition - a birthday present from an old friend

Tiki Jaymo tries his hand at carving his first tiki for 2011

All lit up

[ This Message was edited by: KTiki 2011-01-27 06:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KTiki 2011-01-27 07:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KTiki 2011-01-30 20:06 ]

View Profile of KTiki Send a personal message to KTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation