Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars JnK's Tiki Bar - Perth, Australia
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
JnK's Tiki Bar - Perth, Australia
Featherstone58

Posted: 2011-02-02 05:00 am   Permalink

KTiki....you guys rock! Very inspired by the amount of effort you've gone to. Looks like you have an awesome Tiki Art Collection. We love Tiki Modern style also. In the midst of a backyard makover will post some pics soon...Feathestone58 (also on flickr pics)

View Profile of Featherstone58 Send a personal message to Featherstone58  Email Featherstone58     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-07 12:59 am   Permalink

Absolutely amazing, KTiki! I thought I knew what we were going to do - in a traditionally kitschy way - with my own project room, but your room looks very upscale and relaxing. We're lucky to have Oceanic Arts nearby but it's amazing what you've done down there. Thanks for sharing it.

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-09 03:42 am   Permalink

Thanks for the updated pics. That fridge came up awesome with just a lick of paint

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sandiki

Posted: 2011-02-15 11:06 pm   Permalink

Wow! That is seriously gorgeous! I like your ideas, the decor & the beautiful floors. Thanks so much for sharing!

View Profile of Sandiki Send a personal message to Sandiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bonj
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-02-27 5:27 pm   Permalink

Love it, KTiki! You have inspired me.

View Profile of Bonj Send a personal message to Bonj      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-01 09:56 am   Permalink

I agree...the fridge turned out awesome. I need to paint my white creature.

Hope you had an awesome party...your place is killer.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-29 6:45 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

What a pleasure to meet you both. please feel free to call me anytime you are in town for anything.

i love your Tiki bar. And should I travel to Perth,I shall come by your fabulous bar.

Best,

Phillip.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cathuna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-07 04:12 am   Permalink

Hey KTiki, your bar is certainly something to aspire to! We are moving to Brisbane in November and will probably just be renting for a long time, but intend to get as much portable tiki going as possible!

We have a tentative plan to visit Perth in January to get some tiki for my big birthday - Hula Bula is on the cards for sure. Any chance we could visit your amazing bar while we're there?!

View Profile of cathuna Send a personal message to cathuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bonj
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-07 2:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-07 04:12, cathuna wrote:
We are moving to Brisbane in November and will probably just be renting for a long time, but intend to get as much portable tiki going as possible!

Despite the climate, the large percentage of Samoans and New Zealanders and the proximity to Polynesia, Brisbane is somewhat of a tiki wasteland, and I'm sad to say that I'm not helping...

View Profile of Bonj Send a personal message to Bonj      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KTiki

Posted: 2011-08-08 12:47 am   Permalink

Aloha Cathuna!

I have sent you a Personal Message

KTiki

View Profile of KTiki Send a personal message to KTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 1:41 pm   Permalink

Very classy!

As for the whole "traditional tiki bar" thing... Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with updating the concept. There is nothing wrong with going strictly traditional either, just as long as everyone doesn't do it. As a musician/composer, I firmly believe that if Mozart was alive today, he would not be writing music with a traditional symphony. His new music might have symphonic elements, but it would also have synthesizers, samplers, guitars, etc. He would be too intrigued by the idea of exploring new musical territories to be stuck in the past. All masters of any genre of art take the traditional way of doing things, and add their own unique twist to it. Some practically reinvent it from the ground up. So I believe it should be with tiki. It was once considered evil to write music in minor keys. Today some tiki fans consider it evil to have a tiki that is painted, or lights up. Both objections seem silly to me. We must progress and change, or we might as well be living in a museum! Creatures that don't adapt and progress go extinct.

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-10-31 5:28 pm   Permalink

What a way cool tiki space you've created. Congrats. If ever you venture to Hervey Bay Qld let me know. You would be welcome at the Pu'uhonua Bar for a Mai Tai or two any time.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimatanzas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-02 07:47 am   Permalink

Awesome bar where do you get most of your stuff ? I have been working the local antique stores I find decent stuff but pay dearly.

View Profile of tikimatanzas Send a personal message to tikimatanzas  Email tikimatanzas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-02 9:35 pm   Permalink

Glad this thread got resurrected...it is one of my favorites. CLASSY CLASSY CLASSY!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation