FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Attention Hukilau Attendees -- IMPORTANT!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Attention Hukilau Attendees -- IMPORTANT!!!
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-26 11:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-26 09:15, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Robotiki - any exchanges and such should be emailed to me if you have concerns. We will get to that as soon as possible.

Thanks...

Is there anything else we can do to help you, Christie?

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-26 11:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-26 08:55, Pittsburgh pauly wrote:
As I was typing "i can't believe..." I stopped, of course I can believe how some people are. And if I forget, I'm regularly reminded.
So sorry that something like this has happened!
How about posting something on the Hukilau Facebook page for those people who maybe haven't logged into TC and seen this thread?
(I guess I'm still the optimist.)

I think, or would like to think, that you are probably right and most Hukilau attendees have not read this thread. Perhaps there is some way this thread could be made sticky at the TC forum home page, making it visible to all?

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened and do hope most, if not all, the money is properly paid up!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitackett
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-27 7:30 pm   Permalink

Kiliki,

I am so glad I stumbled across this thread! I don't use my PayPal account very often, and when I saw this I went to the site to see that the payment I had attempted to make was reversed on the 15th and the money was just sitting in my PayPal account.

I am working to rectify the situation so you can get the money. For some reason, I have to re-confirm everything (account number, credit card information, home address, and even a phone number...which for some reason cannot be a cell phone number) before they will process the payment. I've never encountered something so ridiculously difficult.

I'm wondering if you could post something via Facebook to let people know about this drama so they are aware.

What irks me the most is that PayPal never sent me notification via e-mail of a reversal or anything...which I think is kinda ridiculous. If I would have known a couple weeks ago that there was an issue, I wouldn't have let it go this long.

This isn't fair to you or anyone else involved with this event. I am truly sorry that it has taken me this long to hear about this...

I'm going to post an update to my website and Facebook with a link to this thread so anyone I know that went will be aware.

Jason "Tiki" Tackett.

View Profile of Tikitackett Send a personal message to Tikitackett  Email Tikitackett Goto the website of Tikitackett     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
e33
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-28 06:08 am   Permalink

So disgusted to hear about this. I trust more and more people will do the right thing over the next few days. I've posted Vince's initial comment and a link to this thread over on the FOM. Spreading the word through as many outlets as possible: http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10240

View Profile of e33 Send a personal message to e33  Goto the website of e33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 07:26 am   Permalink

This is really awful that paypal can cause this kind situation - really sorry to hear about it TK.

I just checked my account and it was suspended too. I went through the "verification" nonsense and checked my account activity - I did not see any reversals of payments, but I will monitor over the next few days.

I'd like to think there is a spirit of ohana among folks who attend Hukilau and that everyone will step up and do the right thing here.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 08:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-28 07:26, leisure master wrote:
This is really awful that paypal can cause this kind situation - really sorry to hear about it TK.

I just checked my account and it was suspended too. I went through the "verification" nonsense and checked my account activity - I did not see any reversals of payments, but I will monitor over the next few days.

I'd like to think there is a spirit of ohana among folks who attend Hukilau and that everyone will step up and do the right thing here.

Joe -

OHANA is the reason why I have been so adamantly fighting to help Christie correct this situation. You folks who were veterans of Hukilau...starting with Chrisite, were all so great at making us newcomers feel right at home. With a job that currently has me disatified and really needing a vacation, Hukiau was exactly what the doctor ordered. I just feel that collectively we can help correct this PayPal guffaw...with the power of OHANA!

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:20 pm   Permalink

Just ran across the thread this evening. Was this an issue with web orders as well? I reviewed my account history and everything appears to be in order.

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 06:11 am   Permalink

LOL Tiki - My web order was fine. It was when I paid for an additional mug at Hukilau that the problem occurred. Multiple people were using the same laptop (the one sitting on the side bar at the merchandise hut) to pay via PayPal. PayPal flagged these accounts as using a "foreign IP address" and potentially fraudulent, shutting down all accounts that were used for this and suspending the payments.

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 10:34 am   Permalink

Tell all your friends who were at Hukilau verbally and via a Facebook post that they probably owe money for the Hukilau merchandise they bought on site in Fort Lauderdale. They should check their paypal account and do the right thing by sending payment again if they were credited. A lot of people don't read TC so let's get the word out about this situation in other ways. May good karma smile upon you. Mahalo!!!!!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 10:49 am   Permalink

Has an email blast been sent out to the Hukilau mailing list?

That would seem like an obvious big way to get the word out and make sure everyone is aware so that they can, indeed, do the right thing.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-19 1:54 pm   Permalink

BUMP

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation