FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Hukilau 2010 Playlist...
Hukilau 2010 Playlist...
Tikitackett
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-27 7:52 pm   Permalink

Aloha all!

Was wondering if anyone knows if the DJs that were working the marketplace area kept a list of the songs they played. There was one song in particular that I heard a couple times over the course of a couple days and I can't get it out of my head...was hoping someone had a list of the songs so I could try to find it.

Mahalo Nui Loa!

View Profile of Tikitackett Send a personal message to Tikitackett  Email Tikitackett Goto the website of Tikitackett     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 12:07 am   Permalink

Sorry I can't answer your question as I was not at Hukilau.

But I have DJed at tiki oasis, and at the recent tiki caliente II

and I had a few people come up to me and ask what I was playing.
Or if I had a playlist of what I had played that day.
At Tiki Caliente II when I said I didn't have a play list, and that I just went off the top of my head, and also went with the flow of the crowd, the lady asking was surprised, if not stupefied. I laughed.

So if you want to know what something is at a certain time, go ask the dj.
I am more than happy to tell someone what it is, and where to get it, or if its on cd, or lp, or out of print.

DJ(bigtikidude)
aka Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-06-28 00:09 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 8:57 pm   Permalink

Tikitackett - can you give us a morsel of the song? I remember several tunes the DJ played at the Saturday night party hosted by Seven Tiki Rum.

Here are a few I recall:
Out of the World - Gino Washington
The Tighten Up - Archie Bell and the Drells
Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics
Double Shot (of my Baby's Love) - The Swinging Medallions
The California Sun - The Rivieras

Sorry, I can't recall the entire night's playlist, but there are a few. I remember they spun some James Brown too...I can't remember which song.

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 9:27 pm   Permalink

Those DJs spun some really hot disks that night...I was "in orbit baby!" groovin with the ladies.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 9:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-30 21:27, TikiG wrote:
Those DJs spun some really hot disks that night...I was "in orbit baby!" groovin with the ladies.

Hahaha You and I both, G! I learned a valuable lesson too...never try to out dance the Mighty Manfred!!!

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation