FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 7:46 pm   Permalink

Very cool TG, a few more of those and he'll look like The Incredible Melting Man

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 8:01 pm   Permalink

MDM - Thanks for inspiring a painting I must do someday-what people look like after a cup or two of electric Kool-Aid...FREAK FREELY Y'ALL!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-06 12:43 am   Permalink

Tiki peeps - Hello!

Back again with another painting, this time not poly-pop but colorful and full of life regardless. This is my swap painting I did for Crystal Marshall a.k.a. El Gato Gomez from PA. I hope you like it as much as I did painting it.

"Ascension de El Gato"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" canvas panel.
March 2011.

Back to the easel tomorrow. I'm finishing up a little something for Benzart and then starting a portrait for Sabrina Smith Saxon, then back to my two Coney Island amusement ride pieces for little lost tiki's final swoop-o-the-brush additions...busy busy!! Oh yeah, new post should be next week when I unveil my three pieces painted for the Hunters and Collectors art show that opens this Saturday in Anaheim. Cheers! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-09 12:43 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Back again this afternoon with a few more entries for the TikiG art gallery!

The first three pieces were shown at the Hunters and Collectors Art Show in Anaheim:

"Shrinky's Drive In"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" canvas panel.
April 2011.

"Catch of the Day"
April 2011.

"Mommy and Baby"
April 2011.

The last piece is my latest work and follows my love for all things Pacific Ocean Park (P.O.P.) -

"Neptune's Courtyard"
May 5, 2011.

Thanks for droppin' in. Working on many new pieces right now - I should be able to post some new pieces by the end of the week. Cheers! G

tiki since '67!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-09 2:08 pm   Permalink

You're a sick and twisted man Greg but a good artist! I hear Shrinky's has good head.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-09 2:23 pm   Permalink

..."Head on over to Shrinky's - Roll in, Roll out"...Thanks MDM!!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2011-05-09 14:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikig 2011-06-09 13:47 ]

FeekeeTiki

Posted: 2011-05-11 3:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks to TikiG! An addition to the Doran's Tiki Garage/Game Room.

Thanks again to TikiG!

Shrunken heads on velvet courtesy of TikiG! Thanks so much Greg for making our garage a little more swanky!

View Profile of FeekeeTiki Send a personal message to FeekeeTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-21 2:48 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Here's a project I'm working on - a kinda mid-century loose style tiki I've built from Styrofoam blocks and finished in plaster. This is the first of two I'm building for my tiki bedroom.

Finished with the plaster and sculpt, now I'm laying acrylic color washes to bring up the stone quality - I like the way these washes are creating an "agate" like quality. I'll be adding new layers of wash over the next few days until I achieve the effect I like best.

Hope you guys like it, as this is my first large three-dimensional tiki piece I've attempted.
And yes, I'll post some new paintings in a few days or so. Some cool stuff in the works right now. G

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-21 2:58 pm   Permalink

youve been busy, nice variety of pieces. neptunes Courtyard. oooOOoo

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-21 3:40 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the world of 3D Greg Nice texture and coloring.

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-23 5:26 pm   Permalink

DA-AMN!!

This one page of yours is FRICKIN' UNBELIEVABLE!

"Ascension" blows my mind. I wish I had the time to get into the others.

Well done (bowing).

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 06:21 am   Permalink

Dawn, Mike and Robb - Thank You! Hugs,G

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 09:17 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Just a quick update this morning of my latest painting...

"Moon Lagoon"
Acrylics on 24" x 24" wood panel.

...hope you like it! More to come soon. Cheers! G

zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 09:41 am   Permalink

Nice work Greg! Great atmosphere!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-31 09:52 am   Permalink

I can't tell if the vertical lines in the sky are rain lines (is there a word for those lines you see in the sky when it's raining in the distance?) or if it is more abstract. Either way I love it. Great mood. The moonlit water at the surf's edge is primo too. This would made an awesome black velvet if you ever decide to dabble in that medium.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation