FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 7:51 pm   Permalink

@ little lost tiki, zerostreet & mp - Thank You! You guys inspire me every single day.

Now for a rare treat - a TikiG painting in process! The subject is close to my heart so I hope it strikes an emotional chord within you. Its not quite finished, there's a lot of detail missing and so forth.

So with this in mind - I present for the first time on Tiki Central my
"Welcome To Pacific Ocean Park"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" canvas panel.

- Full panel

The concept is simple really - starting at the upper left and proceeding clockwise you will encounter P.O.P.'s attractions just like you would at the park (circa 1959.)

Details will be shown after I complete the piece.

Peace and Love - Cheers! G

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2011-09-18 19:54 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 8:31 pm   Permalink

love this piece

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-18 8:53 pm   Permalink

Hey TikiG that's super, it makes me want to go there. Were you at Oasis? I was looking for you. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-20 5:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dawn & Wendy!

@Wendy - I was at Oasis on Sunday afternoon for a few hours, did get to see and talk to many friends...sorry to have missed you and Dan.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-20 6:09 pm   Permalink

Very cool Greg! Can't wait to see it done!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-20 8:25 pm   Permalink

Love the POP piece, very neat how you laid it all out. I don't know much about POP, just what my family has told me and looking at faded old slides pop took, but it looks like it was one heck of a cool park. I am a theme park/amusement park fanatic, so much so that I used to publish a fanzine on them but I can't seem to find a lot of details on POP. My sister constantly told me the roller coaster "went out over the ocean" I seriously did not believe her, but it looks like it did at least on the pier. It looks like it was far above the average park I would love to see more of it.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-20 9:32 pm   Permalink

@tigertail777 - Thanks for the props regarding my POP piece! Ask anyone who knows me well...well, you know, I'm a POP/amusement park fanatic too.

Send me a PM if interested - I can guide you to some really nice photos and video clips of POP on the internet - that is if you haven't done so already

Thanks for droppin' in. Cheers! G

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-29 09:29 am   Permalink

Aloha tiki peeps!

Its been a month since my last post so its time for an update - I've been busy with plenty new and different projects. Some have made it to their owners already, some not. Today I present three pieces in the Poly-Pop vein relevant to Tiki Central.

First up -

"La'ila'i of the Kumulipo"
Acrylics on 24" x 36" stretched canvas.

My rendering of La'ila'i was inspired by a Burke Tyree velvet painting I saw up for bids on eBay a while ago.

Second -

"Waikiki from my Balkoni"
Acrylics on 14" x 18" canvas panel.

Based on so many Waikiki renderings we've all seen before; I wanted a loose and free vibe for my rendition so I only used a knife here, no brushwork involved.

Third -

"Fortune Giver"
Acrylics on 24" x 36" stretched canvas.

Another work executed mainly with painting knife and loosely based on Witco's famous "God of Fortune" idol.

I have finished another painting i.e. a John Lennon tripping on acid portrait that you may view on my facebook page - Greg Reyes (Tikig) - if interested.

I've been asked if I will take a commission for family portraits or single portraits (or just plain whatever) - the answer is yes...especially if the painting shall be a Christmas gift - please contact me asap.
Thank You in advance.

P.S. an update of my "Welcome to Pacific Ocean Park" painting-in-progress coming soon.

Happy Halloween! Peace and Love, TikiG

tiki since '67!

[ This Message was edited by: tikig 2011-10-29 10:08 ]

zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-29 09:39 am   Permalink

Nice work Greg! I especially like La'ila'i of the Kumulipo! Interesting composition and great depth!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-30 8:16 pm   Permalink

Nice canyon in "La'ila'i of the Kumulipo" (I'm talking about the one under the bridge, not the one between her breastesses you perverts! )

You really do people well Greg, hope you get some more portrait commissions. Always good to get some cash for more art supplies. And painting with a knife, that's pretty impressive!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-30 8:29 pm   Permalink

Lovin your art, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-30 10:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the positive vibes regarding my latest post - I'm pleased to announce that "Waikiki from my Balkoni" has found a buyer and a new home...bravo! Cheers! G

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-30 10:59 pm   Permalink

Daaaaang Boy!
This whole page shows such a maturation of styles!
You're on fire,Daddy-O!
Keep em coming!
"Welcome To Pacific Ocean Park" has such a playfulness about it!
and the colors and everything! SPOT-ON!
"La'ila'i of the Kumulipo"
The colrs,the bridge,the waterfalls,the volcanoes in the distance
the foreboding sky
and the muted tones od the girl with that insane blue of the bridge
masterpiece,buddy!
"Waikiki from my Balkoni" and "Fortune Giver"
both have this rawness,this real sensation of the paint and of texture
great work G!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-30 11:21 pm   Permalink

Wow! Thanks Ken - good to hear from you as always. Happy Halloween! G

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-05 09:08 am   Permalink

We need to do another collaboration SOON!!!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation