FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TikiG's Gallery of Paintings
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 11:20 am   Permalink

Aloha tiki peeps!

A couple of "quickies" I've done over the past few days...just a prelude for things to come.

"Tahitian Motor Hotel"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" canvas panel.
October 4, 2011.

"Lonely Sea"
Acrylics on 8" x 10" canvas panel.
October 7, 2011.

Good to see you stoppin' by and saying hello. Mahalo! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-09 11:44 am   Permalink

Really dig the Lonely Sea one! You really captured the ocean waves.

So how is the POP one coming along? Anxious to see your progress.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-10 5:14 pm   Permalink

Greg, I'm not very refined and I have a hard time "getting" abstracts. So I Googled Tahitian Motor Hotel to help me decipher it and your 2 paintings are number 2 & 3 out of 170,000 on Google images! But I do get the waves and it's bitchin'

Mike

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-26 11:05 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Here's a piece I did as an homage to bigbrotiki -

"The nucleus of the tiki explosion"
Acrylics and ink on 16" X 20" canvas panel.
January 25, 2012.

Presented to bigbrotiki last night!

If you care to view the my latest non-tiki related projects I've completed recently, please check out my gallery on facebook. Peace and Love - G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-26 11:16 am   Permalink

Hi TikiG good to see you post here again.
I wish you had a photo of
Sven with the painting held next to his cheek.
Have you seen the Zombie Torch? You have the clay prototype from our swap?
Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-26 11:40 am   Permalink

Hi Wendy -

Yeah its great to be back here on TC...I've been busy with all sorts of painting projects, not all of it is polypop related so I refrain from posting the non-tiki stuff here.

I do keep an eye with all the latest art here on TC although I may not respond with the normal "I like" response. I love anything hand-made and from the heart regardless of the subject matter.

I do keep up with your art here, and what can I say regarding your art Wendy?

Well please allow me say "You've come a long way baby!!"

My art swap piece from you is a treasured piece and yes I have it, it always receives the highest props from friends. Its a piece of history that never fails to give me great vibes. I do want to say I'm saving up to purchase one of those beautiful chunky resin lamps you collaborate on (soon hopefully.)

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! G

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-26 9:26 pm   Permalink

Well TikiG what can I say except you fed my ego. I really enjoyed what you just wrote. Thank you very much, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-27 8:54 pm   Permalink

Greg, good to see you posting again. I think you are one who can go into the "Growing Artistically" column too - your portraits have gotten amazing over the few years I have been watching.

So is Sven going for some moko?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-13 08:15 am   Permalink

anything new Greg?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-24 7:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I'm posting a quickie pair-o-paintings I finished this evening -

"Wood & Stone"
Acrylics/ ink wash on 5" x 7" canvas panels.
Recycled wooden frames bought at a thrift shop.
May 24, 2012.

I know they're elementary in style and presentation - but exactly what the client wants!

Plenty more in the works, I'll be posting again sometime (soon I hope.) Cheers! G

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-24 8:45 pm   Permalink

I like'em, especially the warm "Wood" one. Good to finally meet you and Mel Saturday

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-25 10:06 am   Permalink

Great stuff as always, Greg!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-26 07:28 am   Permalink

MDM & ZeroTiki - Thank You, gentlemen!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-26 08:11 am   Permalink

Hi Tiki G, its so fun to have met you at Caliente. I really like these two tikis in frames. You got them to look like they are alive with personality rather than stiff wood and stone. It gives a very strange vibe that makes them different. Good job, Wendy

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-29 12:58 pm   Permalink

@Wendy - Thank You!

The following painting is a Tura Satana study I did over the Memorial Day weekend - a warm-up piece using acrylics - for another portrait that will be painted in oils instead and submitted to the Tura Tura Tura II art show at the M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs, CA on Friday, July 6, 2012.

"Tura Satana Study #2"
Acrylics on 16" x 20" gesso board.
May 28, 2012.

Thanks for stoppin' by - more art posting soon! G

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation