FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 06:19 am   Permalink

Following a democratic decision making process in which a drunk llama randomnly spat at school children holding different potential art swap themes, the new theme has been chosen - Birds of the Pacific

Soooo, the art can be any medium you want. Remember though, to think laterally about the theme! It could be a carving like a PNG drum with a hornbill style handle, a painting of a bird of paradise, or some mixed medium art with feathers incorporated into it!

THE DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 20 This gives you plenty of time to get your ass into gear and make some amazing art. This also allows those of you going to Oasis some time to recover and get some art together in time for the deadline too.

The basics are:
* Each person is only allowed to swap with one partner
* Participants all create an original piece of art on the theme
* The art can be anything you like (as long as it is original, no prints/moulded pendants etc), so it could be a painting, charcoal sketch, pastel art, a carving, a one off hand carved mug etc etc etc. Look at the links below to the previous swaps to get an appreciation of the variety of stuff you could make.
* Some people get caught up in the excitement and make multiple pieces of art on the theme. Thats cool, just be clear if your swap partner is going to receive all of it or if they get a choice out of what you have made. And remember one swap partner per person.
* Post your pics on this thread of the art you are making - to motivate everyone else to get involved!
* Post pics of your completed piece by the due date!!!
* All of the participants names will go into a hat, and be drawn out together. The list of swapping partners will be posted here. PM your swapping partner and exhange your postal details. Send your piece off and watch the mailbox like a hawk waiting for your art to arrive!
* Note - there is a reasonable chance that your creation will be sent overseas! You are responsible for postal costs of the item you create, so dont enter a 6 foot carving unless you're prepared to cover postage! One participant in a previous swap got quoted an exorbient amount to post their piece with Fed Ex. By sending the same piece with US Postal Service, they saved themselves a huge amount of cash.

Check out the previous swaps for some inspiration:

PNG theme swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=32054&forum=18&start=0

Poly Pop Menu Cover Inspired Art Swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33330&forum=18&start=0

Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35479&forum=18&start=0&370

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 06:31 am   Permalink

A few quick pics for inspiration

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 06:41 am   Permalink

I'm going to do my best to participate in this one! Sounds like a lot of fun!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 07:19 am   Permalink

Alright - I'm in on this swap! Thanks Hewey.

Back to the drawing board

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 07:34 am   Permalink

HOOOOOOWLLL!!!!!

Thanks Hewey, this is gonna be fun!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 07:57 am   Permalink

I'm in!! So many ideas - what to do????

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 08:09 am   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 08:29 am   Permalink

I was so dissapointed with missing the shrunkenhead swap!!
I will not miss this one!!
I am IN!!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 09:02 am   Permalink

I'm in

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 09:24 am   Permalink

present!

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 09:51 am   Permalink

MadDogMike, the camel spit at your swap suggestion congratulations! I'm in. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 10:43 am   Permalink

I'm in too! AND that's my wedding anniversary (#23)!

[ This Message was edited by: beadtiki 2010-07-01 10:44 ]

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 11:15 am   Permalink

Fantastic theme!

I'm in, barring any disasters - and I appreciate the post-Oasis breathing room

Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Weitz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-01 11:28 am   Permalink

YES YES YES.
I'm so in. I'm glad the deadline is until September. That means someone will get one of my first (sucessful) mugs. Or a painting if all else fails. ^_^
The only sad part is that when my swap arrives at my home, I'll be researching in Moorea and won't get it til Thanksgiving. Le sigh.

View Profile of Weitz Send a personal message to Weitz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 1:19 pm   Permalink

I laughed & winced when I read how the theme was "chosen." As a child at some random roadside zoo, a llama that I was attempting to feed spit in my face. Ever since, my family makes llama references whenever possible & I have a carved wooden mother & baby llama sculpture looking at me menacingly as I type this.
Besides, I really enjoyed the last one. So count me in!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation