||Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Joined: Sep 14, 2004
From: Sydney, Australia
|Posted: 2010-07-01 06:19 am  Permalink|
Following a democratic decision making process in which a drunk llama randomnly spat at school children holding different potential art swap themes, the new theme has been chosen - Birds of the Pacific
Soooo, the art can be any medium you want. Remember though, to think laterally about the theme! It could be a carving like a PNG drum with a hornbill style handle, a painting of a bird of paradise, or some mixed medium art with feathers incorporated into it!
THE DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 20 This gives you plenty of time to get your ass into gear and make some amazing art. This also allows those of you going to Oasis some time to recover and get some art together in time for the deadline too.
The basics are:
* Each person is only allowed to swap with one partner
* Participants all create an original piece of art on the theme
* The art can be anything you like (as long as it is original, no prints/moulded pendants etc), so it could be a painting, charcoal sketch, pastel art, a carving, a one off hand carved mug etc etc etc. Look at the links below to the previous swaps to get an appreciation of the variety of stuff you could make.
* Some people get caught up in the excitement and make multiple pieces of art on the theme. Thats cool, just be clear if your swap partner is going to receive all of it or if they get a choice out of what you have made. And remember one swap partner per person.
* Post your pics on this thread of the art you are making - to motivate everyone else to get involved!
* Post pics of your completed piece by the due date!!!
* All of the participants names will go into a hat, and be drawn out together. The list of swapping partners will be posted here. PM your swapping partner and exhange your postal details. Send your piece off and watch the mailbox like a hawk waiting for your art to arrive!
* Note - there is a reasonable chance that your creation will be sent overseas! You are responsible for postal costs of the item you create, so dont enter a 6 foot carving unless you're prepared to cover postage! One participant in a previous swap got quoted an exorbient amount to post their piece with Fed Ex. By sending the same piece with US Postal Service, they saved themselves a huge amount of cash.
Check out the previous swaps for some inspiration:
PNG theme swap
Poly Pop Menu Cover Inspired Art Swap
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Swap
Joined: Sep 14, 2004
From: Sydney, Australia
|Posted: 2010-07-01 06:31 am  Permalink|
A few quick pics for inspiration
Joined: Feb 06, 2010
|Posted: 2010-07-01 06:41 am  Permalink|
I'm going to do my best to participate in this one! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
From: Riverside, California
|Posted: 2010-07-01 07:19 am  Permalink|
Alright - I'm in on this swap! Thanks Hewey.
Back to the drawing board
Grand Member (7 years)
Joined: Mar 30, 2008
From: The Anvil of the Sun
|Posted: 2010-07-01 07:34 am  Permalink|
Thanks Hewey, this is gonna be fun!
Joined: Sep 27, 2004
From: So FL
|Posted: 2010-07-01 07:57 am  Permalink|
I'm in!! So many ideas - what to do????
Joined: Nov 22, 2009
From: Alameda, CA
|Posted: 2010-07-01 08:09 am  Permalink|
Grand Member (first year)
Joined: Sep 27, 2007
From: Wichita KS,
|Posted: 2010-07-01 08:29 am  Permalink|
I was so dissapointed with missing the shrunkenhead swap!!
I will not miss this one!!
I am IN!!!
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
From: Seattle WA
|Posted: 2010-07-01 09:02 am  Permalink|
Joined: Jul 30, 2007
From: Paris France
|Posted: 2010-07-01 09:24 am  Permalink|
Grand Member (8 years)
Joined: Jun 17, 2002
|Posted: 2010-07-01 09:51 am  Permalink|
MadDogMike, the camel spit at your swap suggestion congratulations! I'm in. Wendy
Joined: Aug 24, 2007
From: Bothell, Washington
|Posted: 2010-07-01 10:43 am  Permalink|
I'm in too! AND that's my wedding anniversary (#23)!
[ This Message was edited by: beadtiki 2010-07-01 10:44 ]
Joined: Nov 25, 2005
|Posted: 2010-07-01 11:15 am  Permalink|
I'm in, barring any disasters - and I appreciate the post-Oasis breathing room
Joined: Jun 23, 2010
From: The Bay Area
|Posted: 2010-07-01 11:28 am  Permalink|
YES YES YES.
I'm so in. I'm glad the deadline is until September. That means someone will get one of my first (sucessful) mugs. Or a painting if all else fails. ^_^
The only sad part is that when my swap arrives at my home, I'll be researching in Moorea and won't get it til Thanksgiving. Le sigh.
Joined: Jun 25, 2008
From: West Leroy, Pennsylvania
|Posted: 2010-07-01 1:19 pm  Permalink|
I laughed & winced when I read how the theme was "chosen." As a child at some random roadside zoo, a llama that I was attempting to feed spit in my face. Ever since, my family makes llama references whenever possible & I have a carved wooden mother & baby llama sculpture looking at me menacingly as I type this.
Besides, I really enjoyed the last one. So count me in!