FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Birds of the Pacific - TC Art Swap!!!! Its on again!
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 7:04 pm   Permalink

- damn...everything I've done lately seems to have a bird in it.

I'll play if'n you all let me color outside of the lines a little bit

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 7:46 pm   Permalink

Is this coloring outside of the lines?

It has wings and lives in the South Pacific

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-01 9:45 pm   Permalink

Can I be the first to post a teaser pic?

An bird experiment I'm working on

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 01:17 am   Permalink

I'm following you maddogmike
here my sketch

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-02 04:40 am   Permalink

Here's is my prelim sketch of a honey creeper. This may just be my second acrylic painting. If I run into time issues it may be a pen and ink drawing.

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-02 07:47 am   Permalink

I'm loving this already. We were just out to lunch and ran into a bat.

I was going to flip it over with my car key but when I touched it the wing moved. Rabies! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-02 10:38 am   Permalink

If you've ever heard a tern plap plap plapping in the mud, you'll surely share my enthusiasm for the kawaiiiiiiii

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-02 2:33 pm   Permalink

I know that I'm pretty new still, so I understand if not, but can I be in on this too? I've been telling myself to get back into art lately and this gives me the perfect excuse! I promise not to disappoint!

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-02 2:42 pm   Permalink

Pennjones, as far as I know there is no "Certificate of Artistic Competency" required. Hell, they even let me participate

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-02 5:29 pm   Permalink

pennjones, jump in and have fun. It's a great way to make friends. Sharing art makes it even better. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-02 9:16 pm   Permalink

The female Hornbill walls herself up in a hollow tree and leaves just an opening that the male Hornbill can feed her through. She lays her eggs, sits on them, and stays in the tree for several weeks until the babies are ready to leave the nest. Talk about Cabin Fever!!!

How about a Hornbill Nest Pitcher for your next batch of Jungle Juice?

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-03 1:53 pm   Permalink

Man, it looks like we have some fun stuff brewing!

Well, I told ya I was going to color outside the lines a little bit. I took a little break from this Oasis slip casting hell I've been in to hand build on, and alter one of these Cobras Fang mugs up for this tradey...It's been kind of fun to take a kitch thing and start to move, or change it in to something beyond kitch...ok, I'm starting to hurt my brain now

PS: sorry, lost my camera; the above was shot with my phone...

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2010-07-03 13:54 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-03 2:19 pm   Permalink

Mike - I don't recall there being a BAT of Paradise - but hey, whatever! LOL You guys are already sketching stuff out (and developing them!) and I'm still trying to figure out what medium to use! Sheesh!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-03 2:20 pm   Permalink

Babalu, Oh My. I love it, I love it. I don't know how to express my feelings over this work of art and to think that you will glaze it and bring it to life. What an inspiration to work hard for this swap.

Is the snake and bird hollow so that all the clay is the same wall thickness?

Wendy

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-03 2:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Wendy...thanks

The Cobra mug is cast, only the head has been changed so that the mouth of the snake is open, etc. I do re-work a huge part of each and every casting on this cobras fang mug however...

The bird is built solid on the mug...it still does not add much overall weight.

I was really trying for an strong interaction between the snake and the young lorikeet -

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2010-07-03 14:59 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation