advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Roller Derby and Tiki
Roller Derby and Tiki
panda

Posted: 2010-07-04 5:07 pm   Permalink

The Silicon Valley Roller Girls (based in San Jose, Ca) are having a tiki themed bout on Saturday July 10th. We will be featuring a live tiki band, a raffle for some outstanding prizes, halftime shows, contests, and of course our beer garden/tiki bar. A portion of proceeds for this event will go to our friends at Silicon Valley Habitat for Humanity.

here are the teams that will be playing:
Our A-team (the Dot.Kamikazes) vs. the Treasure Valley Roller Girls (from Boise, ID)
Our B-team (the KillaBytes) vs. the Angel City Derby Girls (from Los Angeles, Ca)

tickets here:
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/116211

more info here:
http://svrollergirls.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/dont-get-shut-out-get-tickets-now-for-the-freaky-tiki-throwdown-july-10/

here are a couple of photos from our last bout

View Profile of panda Send a personal message to panda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-05 01:17 am   Permalink

I went to buy the tickets and found that there are two different levels of ticket. General for $13 and VIP for $30. What is the difference and I know it's more than the $17.

What do I get for that additional moo-la?

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
panda

Posted: 2010-07-05 06:54 am   Permalink

The $30 VIP ticket will get you priority seating (guaranteed front row views) and your section will have their own cocktail waitress (so you don't have to miss any of the action).

View Profile of panda Send a personal message to panda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-05 08:20 am   Permalink

Tiki and roller girls, what a great combo!!!
Panda, can you post a larger image of the event poster?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-05 08:22 am   Permalink

Panda, which one is you?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
panda

Posted: 2010-07-05 09:43 am   Permalink

@MadDogMike, I coach both teams. I won't be skating but I will be on the sidelines screaming my lungs out and making silly hand gestures at the girls

@4WDtiki, here is a larger version of the flyer:

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation