FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge in Kona
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge in Kona
Brice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-06 11:08 am   Permalink

Aloha TCer's I wanted to welcome you all to Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge in Kailua Kona, HI (opening in September). This lounge is a dream come true for my wife and me, and we're excited to share it with you all as well as extend some public shout-outs and mahalos. There is a fabulous Tiki Farm custom mug in progress (mahalo to Holden) with other shwag in the works. The vintage Hawaiian-themed decor will be done with the help of AliiTiki and the crew at Bamboo Too. Please feel free to visit our website, still under construction but looking great(mahalo to MauiRob)--www.okolemalunalounge.com. You can also get the most up-to-date information through our Facebook page.

We want to extend a warm Aloha and E Komo Mai to you all and let you know if you mention Tiki Central during your visit there will be some great perks. So if you plan on making the trip to Big Island and are looking for the spot to relax and enjoy a classic tiki bar experience (as well as an authentic, hand-crafted cocktail), we hope you'll come see us. We're also attending Tiki Oasis so we hope to meet plenty folks there.

Okolemaluna's mission: to provide guests with a high-quality, memorable experience in a stylist yet welcoming and unpretentious environment. This means delivering impeccable cocktails and appetizing pupus at reasonable prices in a casual, yet exotic, atmosphere.

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-06 11:34 am   Permalink

Sounds fantastic! All the best to you for making your
dream a reality on the Big Island. Look forward to hanging
and drinking at Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge on our visit later this year.

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-06 12:06 pm   Permalink

workable link

http://www.okolemalunalounge.com/

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-06 12:53 pm   Permalink

FINALLY! Our favorite place now has the biggest attraction yet!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2010-07-06 4:08 pm   Permalink

Exciting news! I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Kona visiting the ohana - just emailed all my Kona contacts too!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 1:12 pm   Permalink

YeeHaw and Congrats, Brice! After sipping a few of your concoctions, I knew you would really do this. Hawai'i Island (aka the Big Island) needs more Tiki Bars, and yours is stumbling distance from the condo we stay at in Kona. Can't wait to join you guys with a mai tai.

Congrats again. Keep us posted on which date you plan to be Opening Day! And good luck on the mai tai contest!!

Aloha and Cheers. Hope to see you two at Tiki Oasis next month!
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2010-07-08 3:40 pm   Permalink

I just booked a trip to Kona mid-to end-Sept and hope to check it out!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 10:24 pm   Permalink

We're coming to Kona at the end of August. Please hurry-the-f'k up!

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-09 10:36 pm   Permalink

Take your time - we'll be there in September (or November) ...of 2012!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:49 am   Permalink

At least we can check out the external decor....and maybe get drunk outside.
I found the location on your website. Will you have a drive-thru Mai Tai window with a talking Tiki to take our orders or at least tell our troubles to?

[ This Message was edited by: HelloTiki 2010-07-10 00:54 ]

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 11:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-10 00:49, HelloTiki wrote:
At least we can check out the external decor....and maybe get drunk outside.
I found the location on your website. Will you have a drive-thru Mai Tai window with a talking Tiki to take our orders or at least tell our troubles to?

[ This Message was edited by: HelloTiki 2010-07-10 00:54 ]

Will you be able to understand the talking Tiki order-taker though? "Aloha! Welcome to, uh, welcome, uh, *hic*, um, whaddya want dude?"

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:01 pm   Permalink

Best of Luck Brice...I LOVE Kona, and am in need of a visit.

Google maps is showing the address as Island Lava Java, a fave place of mine. Is it next door ?

If so, you got a helluva view !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 09:57 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see some in progress photos!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice

Posted: 2010-07-11 1:34 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry but the Liquor Commission wouldn't let put in the stumble-thru Moai. Even if we aren't open yet we can still go for a drink! Send me a message when you're going to be here.

We are indeed in the same complex as Lava Java, but a little further back. We are in the process of posting some pictures to the website, but can't imagine anyone wants to see me chipping out tile or drywall. We are going to be taking a short construction break for Tiki Oasis 10 this year, so hope to meet y'all!

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice

Posted: 2010-09-19 10:15 pm   Permalink

Quick update: OK, with bureaucracy being on Hawaiian time & all, our projected opening is pushed back a few weeks, into October.

But the GOOD NEWS:

From deep in the Okolemaluna Test Kitchen comes the first taste test of our EXCLUSIVE, Beachbum Berry-created, cocktail. May we present the Mele Kalikimaka! Verdict: deliciousness!! But we may have to make several more just to be sure...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation