[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki My ALuminium MOai
My ALuminium MOai
vanzac
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-06 11:23 am   Permalink

Hi, everyone,
It's a long time since I posted last....
I live in Paris, "douce France" and found a couple of weeks ago a huge aluminium Moai, about 5 inches in high! An amazing look. MOMO the 1st stands now in our lounge, overlookingh the TV set!
Take a look at my site

http://tahitiblues.blogspot.com/2010/06/derniere-trouvaille-ce-moai-chine-dans.html

Mahalo

stephane

Stephane is a french architect, currently living in Paris France. He spent a couple of years in Tahiti, and wrote a travel guide with his better half Katy. They both work on a travel diary project (which did 'not find an editor yet...) about Tahiti. In th

[ This Message was edited by: vanzac 2010-07-06 11:23 ]

View Profile of vanzac Send a personal message to vanzac  Email vanzac Goto the website of vanzac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-06 4:16 pm   Permalink

what a great find! do you have any idea who made it and where it was before you got it? and i think you better stick to metric. 5 inches?

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-06 5:25 pm   Permalink

Cool! Nice detail and looks to be well done. Never seen a metal one like this before. Very cool find. Might even survive a war!!

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-07 5:40 pm   Permalink

Tres cool ton blog, super le Moai!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation