Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Creating Tiki ╗ ╗ Other Crafts ╗ ╗ andys artwork
andys artwork
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-07 03:19 am   Permalink

hey tiki chaps! just thought i'd start a thread to post some new work.. its been ages since i have done any drawing or painting so I thought it was time to get back into it.. anyway, here's my first, just a sketch on an A2 pad, finelined, and then finished with permanent marker, colouring pencils and some watercolour paint..

excuse the poor quality photo, took it on my phone as my camera is still walkabouts. the colours are clearer on the actual piece.

'zombies served here'

close-ups

View Profile of BigAndyB Send a personal message to BigAndyB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-08 02:05 am   Permalink

heres some photos of my pintail longboard i built..

2X 6mm birch plywood glued together and suspended with weights to create camber. the tiki heads design was woodburned on with my trusty soldering iron (took agesss).. i cheated with the design on this board, they are tattoo designs (but shhhh) i combined the three into a totem pole for the longboard..
Jessup grip tape - cut out a name for the longboard, 'Kaholo', a hibiscus motif and racing stripes.. in the photos, the bolt heads aren't visible because i put the grip tape on AFTER mounting the trucks, which was a mistake.. but i have since cut away the grip tape over the bolt heads with a dremel.
trucks are overstock used on Lush decks i picked up cheap, 9.5" hanger. they're sat on wedges.
Mindless cruisers with Enuff abec 9 bearings

i'm hopefully going to build a press to make the next one, so it has some concave as well as camber, and maybe a bit of kicktail aswell.. and my next one i am not going to be lazy about design, come up with something myself

anyway here is Kaholo, my first,..its pretty fun, nice smooth cruising

View Profile of BigAndyB Send a personal message to BigAndyB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 02:11 am   Permalink

Sweeet!!!

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-08 02:34 am   Permalink

thanks swizz how are you mate? hows the new big tiki coming on?

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 02:44 am   Permalink

Good thanks Andy. Check out my thread. Just have to do the sanding to clean him up and then stain him.
Great job on the woodburning. I hope we see your own designs on the next one. I haven't stepped on a skateboard for years now, but I still remember the one my dad helped me make when I first started skating. I reckon if I made one now it would definitely have a Tiki on it.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-08 03:40 am   Permalink

maybe you should its not a hard project, i used the toothless basic method to build that one..
i will check your thread out now

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-08 05:49 am   Permalink

Cool zombie drawing AndyB! It reminds me of Egon Schile. Lot's of existential angst!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-08 08:01 am   Permalink

thanks zeta haha.. don't know about 'angst', maybe.. i was aiming for more of a thirsty impatience i guess 'angst' could work though.. maybe he's worried they might ID him, and he left it in his coffin..

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 08:45 am   Permalink

Pretty cool, BigAndyB, rendering and concept. Please post more art soon? G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigAndyB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-09 02:43 am   Permalink

thanks TikiG, yeah i will.. i got a painting i'm just finishing up now

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:37 am   Permalink

Board looks sweet =D

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:39 am   Permalink

Maybe the Zombie has "existential void"

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation