FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Iorana Rapa Nui!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Iorana Rapa Nui!
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-10 2:05 pm   Permalink

Today it has rained all day. I hope it gets it out of it's system. The storm is fairly intense right now as I sit in the hotel lobby. Last night I had the best Pina Colada of my life. There is a restaurant up the "street" (basically a dirt road) from the hotel that we decided to eat at because it was close. I saw a pina colada on the menu and asked if it was made with fresh ingredients. It is. No Coco Lopez in the drink. The cocunut cream is made fresh from coconuts grown right here on the island and juice from pineapples grown on the island. The result was an incredibly good pina colada. They don't even have mai tais on the menus here, and I probably would not touch one even if they did, but you can get a good tropical drink here. It will be sad to leave.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2010-07-11 6:48 pm   Permalink

I believe I am entited to say this...

WOOHOO !!!

Good Mana today on Rapa Nui. The eclipse was perfect. What an incredible experience!

A celebratory pina colada at Aloha tonight. We leave at 4:30 AM. It will be sad to say goodbye to this wonderful island, a true world treasure.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 06:35 am   Permalink

Glad all worked out well for you to see the eclipse.

Also glad that someone from TC was able to be there and share the experience - thanks.

Safe travels!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 08:56 am   Permalink

Paul, that was great news! I'm so stoked to hear you got to witness the eclipse with no problem. PLEASE post pics if you have 'em.

Good mana = good time! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-12 5:04 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a great time! Eclipse was supposed to be visible from the Cook Islands too, but I didn't think about the timing when we booked for June. Look forward to your return and pictures.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-12 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-11 18:48, PiPhiRho wrote:

WOOHOO !!!

Good Mana today on Rapa Nui. The eclipse was perfect. What an incredible experience!

A celebratory pina colada at Aloha tonight. We leave at 4:30 AM. It will be sad to say goodbye to this wonderful island, a true world treasure.

WoooHooo!! Can't wait to see the pics

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 08:31 am   Permalink

Hey Paul - Where are the pics. I'm going in January. Where can I find that pina colada?

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-05 3:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-11 18:48, PiPhiRho wrote:

WOOHOO !!!

Dayam! What a trip!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2010-11-11 12:01 am   Permalink

The pina colada can be found at the Aloha Pub in Hanga Roa. It is on the main street through town (Atamu Takena). It is right on the corner of another road, which is unpaved and may or may not have a name, but is the road that goes to the Taha Tai hotel. If I can figure out how to capture a google maps satellite page then maybe I can show you. It is pretty easy to find because at night they put a bunch of solar tiki torches right outside. They can make the drink with any kind of rum you like and keep in mind that they have rums there that you can't buy in he US that are made in certain boycotted countries (hint hint).

the food there is also very good. Try the ceviche made in the style of Tahitian Poisson Cru.

Here I am enjoying Aloha pina coladas properly.

Tropical rum drinks are available at many of the restaurants in Hanga Roa. They call rum ron there. Here is a photo of me with a ron ponch tropicale at Te Moana, another restaurant on the Atamu Takena main drag.

And no matter how much you have to drink there, don't make fun of the moai.

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-12 1:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-11 00:01, PiPhiRho wrote:

What a classic shot!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation