Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Retro Roadmap
Retro Roadmap
Rapa Nui Rich
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-11 09:52 am   Permalink

Disclaimer: I checked to see if this had already been posted and it doesn't look like it. Apologies if I am mistaken!

Anyway, I just discovered this Classic Cocktails section of a larger and very cool blog called Retro Roadmap. It is almost entirely devoted to Tiki:

http://retroroadmap.com/category/classic-cocktails/

Enjoy!

View Profile of Rapa Nui Rich Send a personal message to Rapa Nui Rich  Email Rapa Nui Rich     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 10:41 am   Permalink

that is tiki central member modbetty's blog

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
modbetty
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-12 5:54 pm   Permalink

wow, I'm honored to have my own thread here on Tiki Central! Yes, www.RetroRoadmap.com is my blog/website/life - and I have an incredible soft spot for tiki even though I can never seem to get to many of the sanctioned events! I've met some incredibly nice people from TC in real life, and love the joie de vivre of the community in general, and am glad to help raise awareness of the cool old tiki places that still exist.

While most of Retro Roadmap consists of posts by me, I always welcome pictures and writeups from folks who want people to know about the vintage retro and cool old places that still exist where they live. This way Retro Roadmap can be a resource for EVERYONE who likes to visit this type of place when they travel, versus the big and boring chains.

So if you have a place you love that makes you feel as if you step back in time when you visit it, share it with RetroRoadmap and I'll share it with the world! It's becoming a full time labor of love for me, but I feel like I'm doing my part to make these places easy to find, so they get visited and stick around for a while longer.

Mahalo!
Beth / Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap

View Profile of modbetty Send a personal message to modbetty  Goto the website of modbetty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation