FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Coon Tiki III, Benzarts carving class, 05/2011, Be There?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Coon Tiki III, Benzarts carving class, 05/2011, Be There?
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-13 7:43 pm   Permalink

From Swanky and Benzart
Hey folks,
We are trying to pick a date for Coon Tiki next year in Townsend, TN. We are wanting May, but are asking for your opinions on the date.

Would you be more likely or less likely to attend if it were on Memorial Day weekend, as opposed to the weekend before? Check it
out on
FaceBook

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2010-07-17 06:09 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-13 8:11 pm   Permalink

I'll be there regardless of the dates. If it's after May 22nd I have another three weeks of vacation time to play with, but I'll be there come hell or high water.

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 03:37 am   Permalink

Thanks phinz, sounds like we might have a good bit of fun!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 06:41 am   Permalink

Conga love Townsend area....Conga love tiki carvers.....sounds like I'd
be there regardless of weekend.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 1:45 pm   Permalink

Rentals might be a little cheaper the week before, but, if more people would show up on Memorial Day weekend, that's the ticket!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-14 7:33 pm   Permalink

Man the last one was GREAT!
And I'm not a carver.
So if I can make it I will.
Can't just take off like I used to.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-14 9:26 pm   Permalink

Trevor has been driving me crazy about when am I going to send him to that carving class. If you do Coon Tiki again, the two of us will be there. I'll be drinking, he will be carving.

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 6:49 pm   Permalink

Looking good guys,, Conga, it would be Great to see you there.

Swank, I'm up for either date, which ever it will be easier to get away from work on.

T-Skip, Yeah. we DID have a Ton of fun, lets do it again..

SouthBama tiki's, C'Mon up?

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-16 07:02 am   Permalink

Memorial Day weekend allows for more options. Do the class and have time left to do other things in the area for a day. The Hideaway is a happy host to the peeps who show up. Maybe we do a nice luau as part of the end of it at our house or something. We can see what attendees want to do. Folks might rather go over to Gatlinburg or some other thing.

Our house to Nawger Nob is about 45 minutes. If you have a camper, there is a fantastic RV park near there. One of the top rated in the country. Lots of options for cabin rentals.

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2010-07-16 07:05 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-16 08:28 am   Permalink

Is this some sort of Floridian timewarp? May 2010 was two months ago!
I'm so

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 06:10 am   Permalink

Yeaah, thanks 4wheel, my bad. Looking better every day

SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 1:00 pm   Permalink

School finishes up May 25, so I'll be free to travel after that. If it's Memorial weekend, we're in! Hope to see y'all there. I'll watch to keep updated.
SBT

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-17 13:00, SouthBamaTiki wrote:
School finishes up May 25, so I'll be free to travel after that. If it's Memorial weekend, we're in! Hope to see y'all there. I'll watch to keep updated.
SBT

Sounds like we have clear choice. Memorial Day weekend. I will see if I can get it on their calendar confirmed.

Now, Ben, what are you going to teach????

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 9:28 pm   Permalink

TEACH, You mean I Gotta Teach???
What do you all want to learn,, what do you want to carve.
What carving tools do you have, What, realistically can you do that I can help you do better?
What kind of Fun do you want to have??
Which media would you like to Jump into, Bone, wood, stone, Jade????

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2010-08-11 05:49 ]

SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-18 7:17 pm   Permalink

I am not into carving, this will be Trevor's birthday present. He would be interested in most any carving, but he would prefer wood or stone, probably. I don't think he has many tools at this point. What should he get before then? Ultimately, he would like to be able to carve really tall Moais, but he needs a starting point. I plan to just enjoy the results of his carving

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation