FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-16 3:36 pm   Permalink

Or, alternately - have tikifarm produce a new volcano bowl in honor of Oasis 4 that seats 30 people, and skip 135 altogether!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 4:29 pm   Permalink

SKIP 135?? GASP. Perhaps we could put that volcano bowl in there, though.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 8:57 pm   Permalink

Just got home from my road trip... what a blast! It'll take me some time to get all the pics off my camera, but I'll try to get the Oasis ones posted this weekend. I'm impressed with the restraint being shown by some of you who I know have some rather... interesting pictures of me making new, uh, friends in room 211. I would, however, love to have copies for my personal archive of my road trip, if you wouldn't mind emailing them to me.

It was great meeting so many new people, and it's neat to see some new folks coming out of the woodwork (Nolahini, where are you?). Those pics of the beachball fight are really funny, and who'da thunk there would be a goofier picture of hulahula than the one on the TC stickers? I think I saw a picture of the Simian Smackdown in one of the posted sets, which I was bummed to miss, but it kinda just looked like a giant hairball. Tikibob, I've got more lobster pics on my camera for you, not sure yet how they turned out.

Very cool of Casey from Caliente to pop in here to talk about their bartending situation. What a stressful thing it must have been for them! Perhaps next year there could be an official kick-off event on Friday afternoon where some of our resident mixmasters show all of us some of the tricks of the trade and walk us through some of the basic drinks. That way, we can all learn something along with the bartending crew. (I volunteer to drink the mistakes!)

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-05-16 20:57 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 9:49 pm   Permalink

The weekend was too short. It is really a day and a half long since people start arriving on Friday afternoon and it basically ends on Saturday night. Sunday doesn't really count because the place is mostly cleared out by noon.

I propose that next year we could start on Thursday. That would be the settling-in day. Then we would wake up on Friday at our beloved Caliente and the official entertainment and planned festivities would commence as they did this year. We'd get 2 1/2 days out of it.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 10:03 pm   Permalink

I heard through the grapevine.......that there might be an "un-organized gathering" at CT mid summer in the "off season" for those of you that can stand the heat! But, I heard, it would be cheap! (rates that is!)Un-Organization seems to produce many fun times! (if you's get what I's mean's!)See you's there!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 03:01 am   Permalink

yah - did anyone else get one of those freebie passes from caliente??? i think they have to be used before the end of summer?

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 10:21 am   Permalink

I got a coupon too...I think everyone got one...it expires Sept 18,2003...one free nite when reserving the 1st nite at their seasonal rate.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 10:54 am   Permalink

Let's plan to not plan this event, but we're there.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 11:33 am   Permalink

We got one too! Yes, it is September 18th for the expiration, advance reservations required, and 1 night free when paying the first night at the seasonal rate! I wonder if Casey can arrange something a little better than the seasonal rate if we get a nice little group together?

Um, ok, personal plug here....

My birthday, Al (Alnshely), Tiki-bot, and PolynesianPop's birthday is in September. Anyone else a September baby?

Hmmm...September Combo-Birthday Bash?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 11:43 am   Permalink

I'm September! January is a cold, cold month.

I'm on picture 4 out of 488 from my trip. It may be awhile before my Oasis pics get put up, after all.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 1:48 pm   Permalink

September here too.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 2:19 pm   Permalink

September 4th!!

purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 2:47 pm   Permalink

27th!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 5:40 pm   Permalink

September 1st. (Is this starting to sound like the ad for "Identity" or what?)

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:
who'da thunk there would be a goofier picture of hulahula than the one on the TC stickers?

whoa, love you too Hope your reffering to the head shot,I think that was my personal best.

damn girl 488 pics, you'll be on the computer awhile. Glad to here your made it home safe.

cheers

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation