FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 08:28 am   Permalink

Yeah! Those pics are great. So sorry I missed it. Hey Mig, you roll with the the superstars. Good to see Bob, Ozzy and Skelly were enjoying themselves at the Dino-stop .
There is some pretty Funny stuff at Kika-tiki.com too. Hey Lucky, the ukelele jam shot in the infamous room 135 is classic. Your pics are pure comedy. Thanks everyone for posting and keeping Bong out of jail.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 09:51 am   Permalink

My wife & I are new to the tiki seen. We went to Mondo Tiki and just got back from Oasis III. What an excellent weekend in the desert. I only have one question in regards to the weekend. What was the deal with the old couple who was popping all the beach balls on Saturday night?

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 09:56 am   Permalink

TikiPug, Aloha and Welcome to the tribe!

I saw that couple popping those balls. What happened is the big beach ball fell on the guy and pushed his cap down on his nose. He got pissed! From that point on, he started popping every beachball that came his way. His wife even started a fight with the person sitting in front of them! All this during the first song of Ape's set! They eventually left.

My guess is that they were the ones that called the cops to the 135 party on Friday night.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-14 10:13 am   Permalink

Hey, wasn't that old dude popping the balls the same cat that had all the tattoos (the big hula girl on his back)?

He got nailed by the big 4' beach ball and became irrate. When the big ball came my way again I made sure it went his way for an encore!

People like that have been/acted "old" their entire life...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 10:15 am   Permalink

That's the one - the guy Lucky-D wants to go fishing with.

Poly-Pop *

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 10:19 am   Permalink

I was the one the wife got into a fight with. I was the bald guy sitting next to her. She started hitting me in the face with a deflated beach ball. I went to find security and when I got back they were leaving. Unbelievable.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 10:23 am   Permalink

Oh yeah! I know who you are!! I was gonna go over there and say something but they took off. Dude, what did you say to set her off? Someone even got pics of all this!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-14 12:01 ]

TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 11:49 am   Permalink

She had "hid" a couple of the beach balls under her chair. I grabbed them and put them back into play. She got mad and started throwing the deflated ones at me and hitting me in the face. I told both of them that they were at a party and should learn to relax. I also told them that if the beach balls were bothering them that much, they should move off to the side.

I would love to see pictures if anybody has some.

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-14 11:49, TikiPug wrote:
I would love to see pictures if anybody has some.

Here they are:

Poly-Pop *

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 12:15 pm   Permalink

Classic photos, Pop!

In all the hoopla, I just thought that this was part of the normal madness associated with Ape! I think I lost my tiki during this set. It's too bad some folks can't just hang loose. I didn't see these folks in the pool but I'm sure if they were there, they got pelted by me!

Good times!

Good seeing you all again.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 1:01 pm   Permalink

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!
That is hi-lari-ass! First off I have to commend Tikipug on his "balls" to come into a new group and say that he was the bald dude at the party getting hit in the face by a woman with deflated beach toys. Is it just me or that comedy?
Also, after seeing the photo and P-pops comments It furthers my understanding why he is a secret agent #1 and has his own theme song.
And how funny is it that Lucky has a pic of the dude and wants to go fishin with him. Sound to me like that salty ol feller may use you for bait if you cross his line.
better watch your self Lucky.
Damn,
Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 1:16 pm   Permalink

Dang it!
Why didn't someone tell me there would be a chance for some elder beating at Oasis? Hell, I'd a made the trek then for sure just to knock some AARP heads! I still fondly recall beating on some fossil at a golf course once. See if that moron duffer disses people again, showed him what "hitting into our group" means in my cicle. Even if my Dad didn't have my back against the douche's three equally old and rude friends.

Was that Oasis III or a Social D concert? I figured it was gonna be rum, look at the Tiki!, rum giggle, shag is cool, how much for that mug? No one ever mentioned a slam dancing mosh brawl.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 1:29 pm   Permalink

I can't take credit for the photos ~ they came from Tikibob's photo album however, I did see the whole thing happen. At first I thought "holy moly, I hope that's not one of us!" but didn't recognize either party. Ironically, TikiPug is getting beat down with one of the Tiki Central branded beach balls.

Poly-Pop *

suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-12 19:25, Atomic Cocktail wrote:

Now, now Sam, no complaining. Remember, you were the designated drunk!

My usual goal is to embarass myself or offend someone else by the end of the night. I know I embarassed myself by spilling two drinks over at The 135 Lounge, so I guess it was another triumphant night

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 2:23 pm   Permalink

Dude, I don't think it's possible to embarrass oneself at Tiki Oasis. But, spilling a drink, Yikes! Isn't that sacrilege? Unless of course you conveniently spilled it in your, or someone else's mouth

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation