FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis III Aftermath & Pics!
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-15 5:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting the pix.
Everything was great. This was my first tiki event I had a great time seeing everyone clsoe up. I brought my husband along, to show him what my obsession was all about, and it was a great initiation.
The lobster solo was fab and I'm so sorry I missed the beach ball attack. The attack photos are even better. Oh my god - how funny.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 6:21 pm   Permalink

Still recovering from a new malady I've just invented - Post-Euphoric Deflation Disorder (or PEDD for you shrinks out there). We're still trying to remember who was selling the Munktiki mug that we asked to set aside while we went to get more cash. It was black with kind of chartreuse(sp?) drips running down it. No fualt to the vendor, by the time we crawled down to the ATM & our hotel for a pitstop (big f'ckn' mistake not staying at CTMH) everyone was was packed & gone. Secondly, who put on the Hawaiian Eye movie at poolside? That was perfect! Is this old series ever on TVland or available on tape? Of course some things are just right for the moment and let's leave it at that. The other thing, was that magazine "Modern Drunkard" - I must get a subscription started. My fave line from Wino Wisdom pg. 18 that's kept me going all week long - "Depression is just anger without enthusiasm." Who needs Dr. Phil when you've got Wino?

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 7:54 pm   Permalink

Was that not the best magazine? Big Al brought a couple of issues out, one had an article on how to beat an intervention. First thing I did when I got home was check the website. I'm definitley going to have to subscribe:
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miehana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-15 9:02 pm   Permalink

"What kind of a bribe is a dollar-ninety-eight-cent tiki?!"

Many mahalos to a bunch of you who expressed your enjoyment of the Hawaiian Eye screening. As always, Jody and I were happy to present this Saturday night "tradition" at another Tiki Oasis. Every year we learn something new which makes the "Dive-In" Movie better the following year. (Important lessons learned this year are: we need a bigger bedsheet screen, and a new location for the projector FAR away from the edge of the pool - both the movie and Doug Nason's slides got badly splashed by some rowdy swimmers this year!) But what made this year especially unforgettable for me was the incredible gift of the Hawaiian Eye Tiki by Dawna the TALENTED and AMAZING tiki carver. The replica is just perfect and I must say a very heartfelt THANK YOU to Dawna (if she reads this site) and to my friend Sven for pulling it together and making one of the COOLEST things I've ever seen, much less ever OWNED!
Though it never won an Emmy (for kinda obvious reasons), Hawaiian Eye is the Tiki TV Classic of the 1950s and 60s - and it's only made better by watching it with such a fun bunch of people under the desert stars at the Caliente tropics swimming pool!

HAWAIIAN E-Y-E!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Miehana Send a personal message to Miehana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 9:42 pm   Permalink

The movie was great. This IS a great tradition.

I did like the episode last year better tho. That "You better never mess with Hawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee" song was such a great sing a long.

Especial with C'Al singing it an exhagerated drunken manner.

Keep those movies coming and figure out a way we can stiff WB.

Those suits can go to Hell!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 10:08 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

My usual goal is to embarass myself or offend someone else by the end of the night. I know I embarassed myself by spilling two drinks over at The 135 Lounge, so I guess it was another triumphant night -Suicide Sam
[/quote]
Nice shot, Sam... I (Shell) had to sleep in that wet spot you left! You DID spill those drinks on the BED, right? I mean, that was RUM I slept in?? It BETTER have been! Never a dull moment... even in bed.

-Shell in the Pacific

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2003-05-15 22:13 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 11:21 pm   Permalink

It's all a blur.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 12:47 am   Permalink

Sounds like the best weekend I ever missed!!! I don't know if looking at the pictures makes it better or worse...

Remembering what a wonderful time I had last year--and some of us didn't even know each other as well then, did we?--makes me even sorrier I couldn't go.

I AM, however, infinitely glad I made it down on Thursday evening to meet up with dear Humuhumu and HulaHula, PolyPop, Traderpup, Al 'n Shelly (thanks Al for the tour!), Spike, Shirley, and Martin and Rebecca at Bong's incredible house. I was SO happy to be there and see you guys!! Bong, your house is heaven and--sheesh, you're such a nice guy and a cool host. I'm terribly disillusioned, I'll have you know!

We were treated to a small but splendid set by the Smokin' Menehunes, who brought a tear to my eye with their rendition of "Sleepwalk" for Al and Shelly. Great sound, guys. I'll listen to you anytime.

Unfortunately, Sam's was closed as you've probably heard--but, that leaves something for next time! And Harpoon Harry's was lively. I loved it when the bartender brazenly assured me he makes a better mai tai than Sam's...I think even lessons from Crazy Al might not help that guy.

Of course we had to go to TikiTi, one of my favorite places on the face of the earth. Cantor's food afterward brought me back to earth a bit, but still, my memories of the Ti are a happy blur.

Hula, thank heavens you were there to drive us. Thanks SO much!!!

I'm glad y'all had such a blast at the Oasis, and I hope to see at least some of you at the Hukilau--I'm saving up!

till then if not before,

love,
tikivixen

p.s. Michelle, you're a sweetheart. I will make it to Seattle soon!

p.p.s. I'm dyin' to see those snapshots of the police bust in 135...

p.p.p.s. What was Martha Stewart doing at the Caliente hitting men with deflated beach balls??? Boy, she really has wigged out.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 07:32 am   Permalink

Al, the rum you slept in was actually spilled by SCD. I handed him the new House of Tiki mug filled with Lapu Lapu. As he examined it, he spun it around and tipped it over to see if it was marked underneath and that's when he spilled the drink on the bed. Of course, he didn't even know he was spilling anything and so, looked at that damn Tiki Farm logo for what seemed like 30 seconds!

I actually witnessed this happen no less than 4 times as the mug was passed around!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 09:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

PolynesianPop wrote:
Al, the rum you slept in was actually spilled by SCD...

I bet the teachers in grade school counted on you for info when they wanted to know who was shooting spitwads in class.

Ok, ok, so in no particular order: Me, SuicideSam and Stentiki, amongst others I won't name, were the exposed "spillers".

I think next year I'll bring some tarps for the beds. Rubber sheets anyone? hmmmm.....

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 10:03 am   Permalink

(As I touch my Heart with my fist) The spilled rum is for my homies.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 11:02 am   Permalink

Rubber sheets anyone?

I got what ya need, no problemo. I always keep a few in the trunk of my car, just in case. Now I know I have a purpose for attending Oasis IV.

Rubber sheets and fighting old folks. My kind of party. A ritual sacrifice or two and I hit my personal tri-fecta.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 2:25 pm   Permalink

I do believe I saw Dr. Z have some spillage while standing up on the bed to get a better shot of the events.

--Johnnie the Rat

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 2:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Ok, ok, so in no particular order: Me, SuicideSam and Stentiki, amongst others I won't name, were the exposed "spillers".

I think next year I'll bring some tarps for the beds. Rubber sheets anyone? hmmmm.....

Hey, I totally forgot about that! Someone handed me the mug and I immediately turned it over and christened the bed with rum. I heard someone say, "he did the same thing Suicide Sam did!"

It reminded me that episode on Get Smart where Max is holding a glass of water and someone asks him for the time. He tilts wrist to look at his watch and spills water everywhere!

Sorry Al!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 3:08 pm   Permalink

Next year I suggest we carpet 135 with sponge and put plastic over everything else so that it all slips right off and collects in the sponge. the only disadvantage I can think of is the squishing sound each step will produce once the sponge carpet is heavily soaked.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation