FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lost In Paradise: Beat Tiki
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 3:11 pm   Permalink

Great to have you back Chris!!!!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 4:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-23 14:49, chrisandsarahb wrote:
Season 3 has officially begun! First and foremost, Mahaloz and Cheers to the backers of the show:

Lost In Paradise: We Did It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M_pzr1HrPQ

And here it is, first episode of the season:

Lost In Paradise: Palm Springs Modernism Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0TPHEeisRc

cool man,
thanks for covering that.
always wondered what went down for that.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 6:33 pm   Permalink

Great episode, Chris!! Feels like you've really stepped up your whole production too. Happy that you're back at it!!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 10:20 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz Y'all! Great to be rollin' again, Cheers!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 10:20 am   Permalink

Indeed, congrats. The Palm Springs Royal Hawaiian Estates is one of my pet places.

It seems like they are doing everything right that the Tropics next door is doing wrong. Bill Lewellen has been a driving force in its renovation and nomination. The mixture of tropical foliage and modernism at his unit is gorgeous:

I was especially happy to see that the new owners of the "Yellow Unit" have kept it in its original condition:

My friend Stephane from Paris also liked its GREEN bedroom:

...and the master one is still a real Eleganza time warp:

With Pete Moruzzi, Josh Agle, Stephane Martin and Naomi Alper

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 9:43 pm   Permalink

Thank you Bigbrotiki! Awesome Shots! I was SO fortunate to connect with Bill and that he was willing to show us around and let us interview him. So inspirational (especially right now) to hear a story of someone championing renovation and preservation. It was also a real treat to see the varying design styles of the interiors of the Royal Hawaiian Estates tour. I still can't choose a favorite.

A funny side story while filming, I was setting up the camera for my closing shot at the old Don The Beachcomber and this serious looking construction foreman guy starts walking towards me from the buildling. Instantly i'm thinking, uh oh. As he gets closer, he asks if I'm taking pictures of the tiki torches. I tell him yah (omitting the whole video aspect) Next, like a smiling proud parent, he starts telling me how they have one of the torches in the back and are figuring out how to rig an electronic switch up to use to light them. He said they should be lit in less than a month and that the city was all about getting them going again.

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 9:49 pm   Permalink

So awesome!!!! Cant wait to be in Palm springs in may. Great pics.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 2:41 pm   Permalink

Lost In Paradise: Bon Voyage Bahooka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yHiA24UB4

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-03-10 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-10 14:41, chrisandsarahb wrote:

Lost In Paradise: Bon Voyage Bahooka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yHiA24UB4

Well done Chris!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 2:57 pm   Permalink

Very nice - the voices of Bahooka, before it is sinking in the brewing storm.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 3:30 pm   Permalink

Not a dry eye in the house!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 4:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks Chris!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 7:56 pm   Permalink

Very well done, Chris! The music gave it the right dose of melancholia!

[ This Message was edited by: Lucas Vigor 2013-03-11 16:58 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 3:58 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz. So fortunate that I captured anything at all since they closed a day early, whew. Lucas Vigor, thanks man, Arthur Lyman's "Harbor Lights" just seemed appropriate and set the tone with bits of "Aloha Oe" in it.

Until We Meet Again...

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-25 11:09 am   Permalink

It's not Tiki, but it does have a quick shot of Clifton's Cafeteria, which will have a Tiki bar with some of the relics/gems from the Bahooka, so thought I'd share it (nice justification right?)

Lost In Paradise: Mad Men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d-rwtFiVpU

I think Damon's would make a nice Mad Men location. Where else?

Mahaloz to Lucas Vigor for lending us a track for this one, Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2013-03-25 11:12 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation