FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events L.A. CD release/listening party: Tiki Joe's Ocean @ the Tonga Hut - 8/13 "Final" Pics posted!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
L.A. CD release/listening party: Tiki Joe's Ocean @ the Tonga Hut - 8/13 "Final" Pics posted!!
Melekalikimaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-14 5:42 pm   Permalink

It was an awesome time, great to see all my favorites there as well as meet new ones! Andy, stellar disc and your wife, Debbie, is extremely sweet and oh-so-supportive. You're a lucky man.

Desire ~ a new blossoming artist and her husband, Billy, is perfectly complimentary to the artistic tiki world. Thanks for sharing your ideas and creations.

Hope you all didn't mind hanging with "the troublemakers"... heh

Until next time! (guess I'll have to arrive pre-buzzed) oh boy. The beginning of the bad-girl rep??

View Profile of Melekalikimaka Send a personal message to Melekalikimaka  Email Melekalikimaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-14 10:00 pm   Permalink

Yeah, we had a blast last night too. My Tonga Hut cherry was finally popped. always missed all the other events, and glad my Wife forced me to go. Finally got to meet Kinny, Grog, Greg, Mel, Ravenne, Squid, Andy and his Wife, and a few others. Yes, Kinny got me talking after 1 drink....but trying to talk over Marty's DJing was difficult at times..especially talking art with Squid and Grog, wound up needing another Drink (Rum and Coke..WOOHOO!!!!) just to keep talking with a dry throat.

Fun was had by all...as far as I know, and we got all 3 of Andy's CD's with the last bit of money we had...Awesome thing. We've been wanting some Exotica that I can crank on in my discman while I work, and now I've got 3..YAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Hoping, and looking forward to hittin another event with the crowd, and hope to meet others soon.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-15 10:32 am   Permalink

Great time at da hut! Good seeing everyone too.
Only thing that could have made it perfect was to have
Kelly back in time mixing. Next time! Congrats Andy
and co. for a fun time and great tunes!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 08:42 am   Permalink

PICTURES!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 09:36 am   Permalink

A few pics!

I know Debbie was taking some too!

Awesome event! I loooOoooOooves me the new "Under the Midnight Sun" album, as well as TJO necklace, and awesome album cover print!

Can't wait to see you kids @ Oasis!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-16 09:57 am   Permalink

It looked like so many flashes were going off, I didn't take many pics. Here's a few towards the end of the event...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 09:57 am   Permalink

Here's a few more pics - taken by TikiG last Friday night:

Andy signing my copy of the latest Tiki Joe's Ocean CD - "Under The Midnight Sun"

Melekalikimaka, Andy and yes! Marty Lush smile for the camera

Marty Lush at his control panel of musical delights

Over and Out. G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 12:15 pm   Permalink

A great time was had by all! Our many thanks to all of you for coming out and joining in on the fun!
Congratulations again Andy on your new CD release of Tiki Joe's Ocean "Under the Midnight Sun"
As always, Thank You for choosing and for supporting the Tonga Hut.
Of course Mahalo'z to our in house Master Lush Lizard of Lounge, DJ Marty Lush for setting the tempo and helping to keep your toes a tapping.
Thank You, Jeremy & all the gang at the TH

Tonga Hut
L.A.'s Oldest Tiki Bar Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
Avail. for Special Events @ the Hut or Location
www.tongahut.com

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs.TikiMan

Posted: 2010-08-16 2:59 pm   Permalink

MAN....Billy n me are STILL flyin on a Tiki High from Friday...meeting all of you was MORE than i ever expected....Dave, Ernie, Kenny, Greg, Andy n Debbie, Meleny, Ravenne....Im serious, you guys SOOOO FREAKIN ROCK!!!!! To be a part of this particular group/community (and i do feel part of it now!) is an amazing thing...each one of you inspires me to a higher level i thought possible...ok ENOUGH MUSH!!!!!!!!!! But really I cannot WAIT till the next hang out...LOVE U GUYS!!! Oh and Meleny, you can be a bad girl anytime you wanna, i got your back!!!!

View Profile of Mrs.TikiMan Send a personal message to Mrs.TikiMan  Email Mrs.TikiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 10:25 pm   Permalink

FINALLY home & able to post pics taken as the camera was passed around...
MAHALO to Jeremy, Trevor & the rest of the Tonga Hut people.
(Kelly- you were missed by ALL of us!)
Crazy love to DJ Marty Lush for the fab spinning...
Special thanks to Cover artist Ken Ruzic
as well as "Under the Midnight Sun" musicians Dave Cohen & Mark Riddle
for being such a big part of the night.
Biggest thanks to ALL of you joyous SoCal folks who came from all around (& states away!)
for the fun, laughs & music.
ALOHA~!
Andy

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2012-09-02 11:46 ]

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-28 6:24 pm   Permalink

*BUUMP!*

I didn't see you had uploaded pics as well!

kick-ass time!!!

Missin the Nazzals immensely <3

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 5:00 pm   Permalink

Forgot about Mark's midnight Q&A with "Manswers"
The questions were passable, the answers- freakin hilarious.
Hope Spike has the cahones to put Mark on.
-Andy
ps note Grog as the formidable Asst. Director.
Don't mess with Director Grog.

"Exotica Album of the Year"
2011 Hawaii Music Awards~!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation