FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki tOny artwork previews for Tiki Oasis 2010
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki tOny artwork previews for Tiki Oasis 2010
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-02 10:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone. I will post progress shots as I finish artwork for Tiki Oasis this year. Below are the unfired greenware hand made mugs awaiting orders to jump in the kiln.

Handmade Skulls, Monkey Heads, Blowfish, Rum Barrels, Coconuts, & Birdies are $30-$40 depending on size and detail

Volcano Mugs $20
For you Californians who know who Huell Howser is, a little birdy told me he will be doing a show on Tiki Oasis!

Driftwood Tuki Tuki Tiki Bird $200

I will have only a dozen or so Toucan mugs, the sculpt is on the right, it was destroyed in the molding process. These mugs are big and a little labor intesive, so they will be around $50 and up depending on how many glaze colors they end up having. I'm not sure if I'll do an edition of the same colors, or just each one glazed differentlly. I'm super excited to have this Toucan mug finished. I found these two sculpts in my garage when I was cleaning stuff out. I sculpted them 4 years ago or more. The monkey will come out next summer probably.

Stay tuned, I will upload everyday until Oasis with photos!

aLoHa,
tOny

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 12:03 am   Permalink

The skull with the brain lid is great! Look forward to seeing the finished toucan too.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 08:18 am   Permalink

As usual, great stuff Tony!

See ya at TO 10!!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-03 09:27 am   Permalink

Fun stuff Antonio de la Tiki. C. U. soon.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 08:46 am   Permalink

4 pack of greeting cards. I may have 2 more designs too!

These designs might end up as place mats or table cloths too!

Live like a Beachcomber!

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-05 10:08 pm   Permalink

Made a bunch of Ceramic Necklaces today. Just like last year, I'll be selling ceramic Tiki necklaces for the crazy wholesale price of $5. Yes $5. Last year people walked away with handfuls of necklaces for gifts for friends... (your friends won't even know you only spent $5 on them!)

Here's what they look like all fired and stained

Fired and stained with blue green algae

Tiki Bird Scorpion Bowl. Drink for 3 lushes or 4 lightweights! Straw nestles next to Toucans!

I pressed volcanic rock impressions into the bowl. Once its fired and glazed it will look just like cooled lava rock!

This is the bottom of the volcanic bowl, suitable for 3 or 4 person drink!

Up tomorrow, I plan on making some hand made cannibal head mugs, blowfish mugs, and little birdies!

Live like a Beachcomber!

tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 6:40 pm   Permalink

A Hand Made Tiki & 3 "Canibol" Hand Made mugs

When finished, it will have ceramic skull hoop earrings too!
I've always been fascinated with the Goof, as well as the Bali Hai logo tiki, which I always thought of as a naive exotic portrayal of a cannibal. So, I designed and made my own "Canibol" yes, its spelled wrong, and yes that's correct! Also, my Dad recently found me a Bali Hai mug at a thrift store, and Oasis being in S.D.... it all just had to be!

Here's my drawing design for the "Canibol" hand made mug!

Here's a little handmade tiki mug

Obsessed with figuring out a way to make the volcanos look more volcanic, I experimented with some things and got the lava effect I've been looking for. I will even mix this in with the glaze, so the glaze will bubble and flow, like the German Fat Lava or similar to Gecko's fat lava... although they won't look as awesome as his!

Getting really excited for Oasis!

Live like a Beachcomber!

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-06 7:07 pm   Permalink

You look like you're having fun. Good stuff Antonio.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-08-06 19:08 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 9:11 pm   Permalink

CREATIVE OVERLOAD!

good on you,man!

did you say $5 pendants?
ZOING!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 11:15 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing your great creatures in person! So stocking up on necklaces, too! :)

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 9:47 pm   Permalink

Surfed Malibu today, so wasn't super productive, but I'll have some of these 8x10 professionally printed glow in the dark prints! I paint on the glow in the dark lime to the print. They are numbered and limited to 50, although 1-10 have sold on Etsy already, so I'll have 11-50.

Live like a Beachcomber!

TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 9:49 pm   Permalink

Really cool stuff tOny! I love the Tiki bird bowl and the little bird pendants, nice stuff! Wish I was going to be there, I'd make a beeline for your booth

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-08 10:20 am   Permalink

well pretty much diggin all of it. cant wait to look- see in person.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-09 10:45 pm   Permalink

Tikis of the Pacific 12"x16" carved frame $300
8x10 prints will also be available of this one!

Exotic Curios 12"x16" carved frame $250

Took photos with iphone at night, so colors are all wonky. Recently, I told Doug Horne about a drunk monkey wearing fez painting that looked inspired by his, so I thought it would be funny to do my own version of a drinking monkey wearing a fez.

available at Tiki Oasis!

tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 08:29 am   Permalink

Argh, I wish I could make Oasis this year. Let me know if there's anything left, although I imagine you'll sell out.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation