FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Dick's Tiki Mug...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Trader Dick's Tiki Mug...
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-03 22:56, bigbrotiki wrote:
There was nothing un-nice in Boris' first post, it reads rather matter of fact to me. It is the bane of the internet that everybody takes everything so friggin' personal that nobody dares to say ANYTHING anymore, and everything passes as OK. Vapid.

I will agree that the web has made it hard to convey intent sometimes, but tact and decorum can still be used.

WWEPD?

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 12:03 pm   Permalink

Hey it's fun to be "bustin' balls" on Tiki Central. Isn't that pretty Tiki in spirit ?? If you want "Aloha" move to Hawaii.

Actually I ran into Boris at the Waikiki Womb this last Sat and asked why he was doggin' me lately (banishing me to Bilge even). We were going to duel to the death out on the street, each defending the honor of Tiki-Ti (him) and the Tonga Hut (me). We realized we'd only kill each other and leave Big Tiki Dude as last man standing (and the unchallenged voice of DTBC). This would greatly upset the fragile So Ca Tiki "balance of power" so now I consider Boris a strategic ally (even if he is "unreasonable" )

Seriously, it's best to take into account how "new" the person you're replying to is. I've seen some new members pack up their Tikis and leave (as well as erase all of their old posts) after one dramatic incident. Anyone remember DonnaBeach ?? I hope she wasn't an actual relative.

When in doubt use Mr. Smiley Face. He exists for a reason.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-04 12:14 pm   Permalink

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 12:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-03 22:56, bigbrotiki wrote:
There was nothing un-nice in Boris' first post, it reads rather matter of fact to me. It is the bane of the internet that everybody takes everything so friggin' personal that nobody dares to say ANYTHING anymore, and everything passes as OK. Vapid.

i'm just floored that this came out of big bro's mouth......considering the flak i get around here at times for doing exactly that..speaking my mind.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-04 12:39 pm   Permalink

F#*K YOU Tipsy!!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-08-04 12:40 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-08-04 12:40 pm   Permalink

P.S.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 1:13 pm   Permalink

I am just so upset! you all are hurting my feelings,so I am packing it up.
Wait I live here, so all of you guys are going to have to leave..
there's the door, don't slam it on the way out.

I said good day! Sir!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 1:16 pm   Permalink

Naaaaaa,who's up for Mai Tai's!
You can come back now!

Guy's.........oh guy's.........guy's?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 1:25 pm   Permalink

Hey do we have a page that introduces new members to the ways of Tiki Central?
Tips and etiquette etc. lay of the land & how to survive in the TC wilderness?

maybe we can use one to point new members too?
why is everyone looking at me?

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 1:29 pm   Permalink

So if so many folks agree, I trust next time they will not hesitate to offer constructive suggestions when someone mis-posts, without being overly fearful of "sticking their neck out"?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 2:21 pm   Permalink

Death to the mis-posters! I mean yea sure, let's educate those MoFo's

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 8:20 pm   Permalink

You know, there's also a certain ratio between posting "real content" and "space-wasting" posts that can can make members look like mis-posters.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 8:27 pm   Permalink

I hear you,Sven
I keep up the joking around, I know.....
But the Intro to new members page still might be a good idea, still.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 9:38 pm   Permalink

Problem is if it is not up in the first five posts on General Tiki, they won't see it. There is something about the style of content TC is about here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/about.php,

...and the "what to post where" should be self-explanatory (in MOST cases) by the very simple headers of the different forums. Also, most of the times, mis-posts get accepted if they are among the first 10 a newbie ever did, anyway, which shows tolerance. But if none ever get corrected, it shows indifference -which is a sign of devolution of a web forum

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 10:09 pm   Permalink

Give up and give in.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation