FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Dick's Tiki Mug...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Trader Dick's Tiki Mug...
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-06 10:56 am   Permalink

GROG stay at hotel with Trader Dick's in Reno a few years ago. The price for food was higher than we were willing to pay, so we not eat there.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 11:56 am   Permalink

"GROG stay at hotel with Trader Dick's in Reno a few years ago. The price for food was higher than we were willing to pay, so we not eat there." -GROG-

GROG...

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 3:16 pm   Permalink

So whos going to be the one to tell the person that trimming a Banana tree shouldn't be in the Home Bars thread???

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 3:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Boris! Feel like breakin another heart?

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 3:37 pm   Permalink

Boris already "stuck his neck out". I did the same yesterday.

Beach Bum Scott, it's your turn to step-up.

Heed the Bigbro's advice, we can't allow TC to devolve into Fern Bar Central (or in this case, Banana Tree Central).

Quote:

On 2010-08-04 13:29, bigbrotiki wrote:
So if so many folks agree, I trust next time they will not hesitate to offer constructive suggestions when someone mis-posts, without being overly fearful of "sticking their neck out"?

On 2010-08-04 21:38, bigbrotiki wrote:
Also, most of the times, mis-posts get accepted if they are among the first 10 a newbie ever did, anyway, which shows tolerance. But if none ever get corrected, it shows indifference -which is a sign of devolution of a web forum.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-08-06 15:48 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2010-08-06 4:01 pm   Permalink

The Banana Tree Pruning Question has been moved to other crafts.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 11:01 pm   Permalink

DJken,

It may be a little late... but I am going to follow the lead of your post now that it has been moved to Collecting Tiki.

Here are a three of the Trader Dick's Moai mugs that I have. The large one is pretty cool with a special Class of 1947 Sparks 20-year reunion marker on it.

There are a bunch of other Trader Dick's mugs out there, let's say we add a few more here. Any more in the Garage?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-07 01:58 am   Permalink

I have always found it nicer to just send the newbie a personal message, explaining the way the site works and or be prepared to get some not so friendly comments. Not that they should be taken to heart, because sometimes they are just meant in fun.. But some of us here were born with all this Tiki knowledge and I guess we never had a learning curve at all? Most newbies are just so excited to come to this site to be apart of something great, only to be shot down. Or at least feel like they've been shot down.. Maybe that's why I haven't posted any new topics here?

OK, I'll wait to see the smart ass comments now..

PS.. Not on topic here but just wanted to say to Sven is was nice to see you in "ugly things"
Oh shit, I think I should have just sent him a pm.. But what the hell....

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation