FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tikibad's tiki mugs and other projects
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tikibad's tiki mugs and other projects
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-19 4:13 pm   Permalink

Way to get your hands dirty Scott! Keep those photos comin!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-27 4:34 pm   Permalink

hi all, spent xmas in San Diego half moon inn and brunch at the Bali Hai, just awsome! last time I was there, 1 week before they colsed for remodeling, and I had to go see hank @ Freaky Boutiki, left him some mugs for the store and they look great! Thanks Hank! take a look

[ This Message was edited by: tikibad 2010-12-27 16:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikibad 2011-01-08 07:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikibad 2011-01-08 07:22 ]

View Profile of tikibad Send a personal message to tikibad  Email tikibad Goto the website of tikibad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 09:04 am   Permalink

Here are the lastest vw tiki mugs getting ready to list on ebay, as well as some new limited designs.
grenn one

View Profile of tikibad Send a personal message to tikibad  Email tikibad Goto the website of tikibad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 09:06 am   Permalink

heres a vw tiki mug red one

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 09:08 am   Permalink

vw split window bus tiki mug orange

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 09:09 am   Permalink

vw split window bus tiki mug purple

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 4:02 pm   Permalink

tikibad has just listed on ebay "Mahaki Tan" my second design. I only made 20 of these mugs in this color. this is number 6. here's a photos

View your listing: tiki mug Mahaki Tan# 6 by tikibad noworrieskiwikat com - 230580633214

Grand Poobah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-31 4:28 pm   Permalink

nice work I don't know much about making mugs but it sure doesn't look easy and must take some great patience

View Profile of Grand Poobah Send a personal message to Grand Poobah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 5:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks, here is the latest. this one is for my wife, Valentines day. A candle holder ,getting ready to fire and glaze. scott

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 5:26 pm   Permalink

Another project as well. but not carving, its the history of my growing up in a mid century house, furniture and parents that were top designers and illustrators in Los Angles 1966 and on. I will be doing a website about it. but until that here is a sample.

WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-10 6:19 pm   Permalink

SO cool!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-11 08:48 am   Permalink

Beautiful parents interesting careers. You inherited a lot from them, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-11 11:37 am   Permalink

Hi Wendy, its funny the sudden interest I have for what my parents did. At the time it was no big deal, growing up with the eames furniture,mid century stuff 9 one of my parents closes friend was Charles Eames) and then, I realized, I am getting older, my parents are in the late 70's and I will look into what they did, and WAM, it hit me. The 60's and 70's designer and illustrators are gone, with little history. Well, at least I will bring back mine. Its full or photos, I am having both parents write down friends, jobs etc for that time. Some of my friends say I should write a book, well....maybe. there is soooo much stuff I have to go through, at least 150 boxed and about 10,000 slides, and decide if I make it a bio on them, on their seperate careers or of my upbringing with all mixed in. Pretty cool. And of course the very cool house I grew up in www.544paseomiramar.com . From the start the art, design, mid century and of course the tiki seed was planted. I am very excited on putting this out for all to see! thanks Scott tikibad Woodward

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-14 10:12 am   Permalink

Well here is the finial product on the candle holder. I have others in the works, and will be listing those one of a kind on ebay. too hard to cast for me, its just better one by one. My wife flipped out on her Vday present,well here it is.

tikibad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-03 5:37 pm   Permalink

Here are some of the lastest mugs, samples if you will. one has a day of the dead feel. scott tiki bad

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation