FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Midwest Tiki Meet-Up - 9/25 in Omaha, NE!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Midwest Tiki Meet-Up - 9/25 in Omaha, NE!
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 2:10 pm   Permalink

Finally trying to revitalize the midwest tiki scene. Or, at least start one. I know there aren't very many of us, so this is going up early to build and spread the word. We have some people coming from out of state for this, so no excuses. If you're anywhere in the area, you need to be there!

The plan is to get there a little early for some grub upstairs and head down to the Mai Tai Lounge afterward for the real deal.

So, put it on your calendar and tell everyone you know. And, man, if anyone wants to visit from out of state and see the only tiki joint we have left in the mid-west you're more than welcome. Anyone unfamiliar with The Mt Fuji Inn can look here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=26178&forum=2&hilite=%3Cspan%20class=

Sept. 25, 2010! See you there!

View Profile of Potato. Send a personal message to Potato.  Goto the website of Potato.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-03 2:37 pm   Permalink

YAY! GRUB!!!!

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 5:25 pm   Permalink

I forgot to mention that they are doing renovations just prior to our event, so it'll be nice and shiny for us!

View Profile of Potato. Send a personal message to Potato.  Goto the website of Potato.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-03 5:47 pm   Permalink

GREAT!!! I am going to try to get my Niece and her husband, from Omaha, to this event. They are going to get to go to the Bali Hai festivities in August and they have seen the Tiki Lounge in my home (when it was in its early stages). I previously sent them a few mugs and Tiki Modern. Just trying to get them interested and it would be great for them to go to the Mt Fuji event. I will keep an eye on this thread and WAY TO GO!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigRedTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-03 8:08 pm   Permalink

My wife and I will be there! Thanks for organizing this!

View Profile of BigRedTiki Send a personal message to BigRedTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 8:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-03 17:47, VampiressRN wrote:
GREAT!!! I am going to try to get my Niece and her husband, from Omaha, to this event. They are going to get to go to the Bali Hai festivities in August and they have seen the Tiki Lounge in my home (when it was in its early stages). I previously sent them a few mugs and Tiki Modern. Just trying to get them interested and it would be great for them to go to the Mt Fuji event. I will keep an eye on this thread and WAY TO GO!!!

Awesome! Throw a Mt Fuji mug in their next tiki care package so they can bring it along!

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=745

[ This Message was edited by: Potato. 2010-08-03 21:00 ]

madgringo

Posted: 2010-08-07 12:11 pm   Permalink

I'm bringing all my tropical shirt clad friends!

If I can remember. . .

View Profile of madgringo Send a personal message to madgringo  Goto the website of madgringo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-08 12:29 pm   Permalink

Hmmmmmm.......Nebraska is nice in September......

Have Moais will travel.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 5:57 pm   Permalink

Hotel reservation is made; we will be there! I really hope we pack the place! It's important to show support for the only VINTAGE tiki bar left in the four state area.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 6:49 pm   Permalink

When it gets a bit closer to tiki time, I'm gonna have to let them know to staff the place a little more than on a normal weekend. This is more people than I assumed would come. Thank you, everybody!

Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-09 6:28 pm   Permalink

Okay, I sent them a letter. They've been called and written-to. They know we're coming. Let's give 'em a reason to be excited and show them a good time and how much we appreciate them still being the last and only tiki bar in the whole mid-west!

Tiki GO!

SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 7:50 pm   Permalink

Just got word this evening that there may be 2 more coming from Kansas City. Classify them as "Tiki Curious." Word is getting out . .

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-15 5:44 pm   Permalink

I stopped by Mt Fuji's yesterday while in Omaha to see Dave Matthews. The place was locked up tight and a sign on the door said "Closed for remodeling, will open September 19th".

I can't tell if I'm excited to see the changes or dreading the possibility that they've removed some mana from the place.

Either way, I'll see you all there! I'll be the one drinking!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-19 06:29 am   Permalink

This place never did open back up.
Hope I'm wrong.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-19 07:31 am   Permalink

What place was that? I spoke to Mt FUji a couple months ago and they stated that they'd be open by the time we get there. I will, of course, call again shortly before we meet, but al signs points to being open and welcome for our business.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation