FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Polynesia, Seattle, WA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
The Polynesia, Seattle, WA (restaurant)
smini

Posted: 25 days ago; 11:06 pm   Permalink

It is pretty amazing that these beams were saved and that someone thought enough to save them. I am so curious to know if a previous owner of this house knew David Cohn or had some kind of connection that allowed them to gain access to these beams. Next time I speak with my landlord, I will see if she knows more about the beams and who/when they were brought here to the property.

I looked up Witco, as I wasn't sure what it was. I know in the Seattle Times article at the beginning of this thread, it states that Donald Keys and Donald Ingalls, local Seattle artists, both hand carved the beams. Were these two gentlemen part of the Witco Company?

View Profile of smini Send a personal message to smini      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 7:04 pm   Permalink

Smini,

What a cool find, thanks for posting.

This piece from my magazine ad provides a little more detail on the beams.

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smini

Posted: 24 days ago; 10:48 pm   Permalink

Thank you DustyCajun for posting this! Very interesting information on the beams and the type of wood used. I wish I could have seen this restaurant--it sounds like it was really an amazing place! Dusty Cajun, I saw the tiki mug and dishware from the Polynesia that you posted on this thread--that is very cool! Where did you find those items? Did you ever get the chance to go the Polynesia?

View Profile of smini Send a personal message to smini      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation