Joined: Mar 07, 2008
|Posted: 2010-08-04 4:48 pm  Permalink|
Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm This week’s show featured an outer space theme.
Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: August 4, 2010
1) “Moon Moods” by Les Baxter & His Orchestra From the LP: Music Out of the Moon, taken from the CD Collection: Ultra-Lounge Space Capades – Atomic-Age Audities and Hi-Fi Hi-Jinks
2) “Telstar” by The Challengers from the CD Anthology: The World of Surf Music, Disc Two
3) “Moorean Moonbeams” from the CD: Voodoo II – More Exotic Sounds of Robert Drasnin
4) “Continental Theme” by The Boss Martians from the CD: War of the Surf Guitars!
5) “The Other Side of the Moon” from the CD: Skinny Dip With Don Tiki
6) “Point Panic” by Jerry Cole & His Spacemen from the CD: Lost Legends of Surf Guitar, Volume 2, Point Panic!
7) “Starship Lumpia” by Abe Lagrimas, Jr. from the CD collection: Legends of the Ukulele, Vol. 2 [Lumpia is a Filipino eggroll]
“Space Flower” by A Certain Frank from the CD: Charles Wilp, Michelangelo in Space: The Bunny Remixes
9) “Blue Moon” by Mel Torme from the CD: In the Mood for Love
10) “East of the Sun (And West of the Moon)” by Charlie Parker from the CD Box Set: Boss Bird – Studio Recordings 1944-51, with Bernie Leighton on Piano, Ray Brown on Bass, Buddy Rich on Drums
11) “What's Your Movie” by Mose Allison from his Blue Note Jazz Profile, With Kenny Burrell on guitar
12) “Polka Dots and Moonbeams” by Hank Garland from the CD collection: Move! The Guitar Artistry of Hank Garland
13) “Aquarian Moon” by Bobby Hutcherson from his 1966 recording: Happenings, with Bobby Hutcherson on Vibes & Marimba, Herbie Hancock on Piano, Bob Cranshaw on Bass and Joe Chambers on Drums
14) “Calling Dr. Zarkov” by Robin Frederick from her CD: How Far? How Fast?