FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Fifth Annual Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale - PICS!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Fifth Annual Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale - PICS!
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 5:50 pm   Permalink

My car is crammed full...come buy my stuff! See you all tomorrow, bring lots of cash!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:05 am   Permalink

bump!!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 8:40 pm   Permalink

Thank you to Mike and Forbidden Island for hosting this event today.

If you know me in real life you know that life has been super challenging lately so selling at the sale today really helped me out in many ways--like I can pay my rent

Thanks to Psycho Tiki D and his wife Tiki Hammer for being the best booth mates ever. We really needed a bigger booth--I can not believe we fit so much stuff into our space...craziness.

Lake Tiki I love my Tiki Bob carving and it was awesome to meet you and your lovely wife in person. You are so talented and the tiki community here is lucky to have you in it.

Tobunga....always a pleasure to see you and Manuel...I love my Tiki Bob picture soooooooooooo much! (Seriously if you dont own artwork by Eric October by now dont ever talk to me again--his work is epic!)

Thank you TC members for your purchases and multiple mai tais ....always appreciated!

If you didnt come today you really missed out...fabulous event all around.
It was a great day and I cant wait to do it all again next year

Mahalos!!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:07 pm   Permalink

Happy! Happy!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:41 pm   Permalink

Another great time at Forbidden Island. Wendy and Dan

In reverse order.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 10:53 am   Permalink

Had a great day selling with Liz and Ami, special thanks to them both for helping me out. Was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Thanks to Mike for putting this on.

Made some amazing purchases yesterday, will post them over in finds.

Less than two weeks til the Sacto crawl, hope you can make it out!

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 1:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-27 10:53, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Had a great day selling with Liz and Ami, special thanks to them both for helping me out.

Dang, I missed Ami?! Now I gotta wait almost 2 weeks until I get to party with her.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 9:29 pm   Permalink

A HUGE mahalo to all who attended and participated in our Parking Lot sale, ensuring it to be the biggest and best one yet!! The selection of goods was mind-blowing, as was the entertainment. Thanks too, to my awesome staff, who effortlessly quenched the thirst of the masses, without even breaking a sweat! Alooooha!

pics soon...

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 9:40 pm   Permalink

Here are some pics of the sale yesterday. Our booth was pretty congested all day (hooray!) so didn't get pics of all the vendors because we were so busy- but you may recognize a few of these fab folks :

Psycho Tiki D & I's crammed to capacity (and then some) booth:

yeah we had TONS of stuff!

Tobunga(Eric October)'s Booth--Manuel came as well - always great to see them and I was stoked I scored the black paper Tiki Bob drawing he did. Sometimes it pays to be able to shop while setting up the booth!

Jungle Trader in his booth - he sold some of his huge carvings which helped him buy from me so thank you to those people who now own Jungle Trader originals!

Tiki Kaimuki was actually making a piece while he vended:

Lake Surfer & his lovely wife--so glad I grabbed up one of his Tiki Bob carvings...and I am sure they were loving the hot weather we had!

Tiki Kaimuki and MP being..themselves

MP's booth of Happy Bastard art

Psycho Tiki D and TikiHammer=it was a long but fabulous day!

heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-28 9:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Forbidden Island and all the vendors. We came up from Southern California and scored some cool items before heading into the bar for cocktails. Great, great time.

A few pictures of the event and the items we picked up are below. Not pictured are some nifty prints we bought from Taboo Island and a very cool Tonga Hut print from Eric October (they're being put into frames and hung).

Mahalo,

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-01 11:12 am   Permalink

Well, (finally) here are some pics of our biggest and best PL sale yet:
The whole album can be viewed on our facebook fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=243311&id=66526350002&ref=mf

Some highlights:

Molokai Mike officially opens PL Sale V

With 20 vendors this year, the selection of merch was amazing!

Leleliz and Psycho Tiki D's motherlode (in foreground)

FI's Lee serving Mai Tais and Navy Grogs out the Ku Bar

Shoppers taking a break to enjoy offerings from the La Pinata taco truck

Others head indoors to enjoy the Virgin Sacrifice

Despite the frenetic pace, the FI staff served one perfectly crafted cocktail after another

Mai Tai's birthday

DJ Samoa Boy kept the revelers entertained during the day

The awesome surf band The Reefriders take the stage after the sale

Go go dancer Chelsea

Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo...Here's to PL Sale VI!!

[ This Message was edited by: Molokai Mike 2010-10-01 11:41 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-01 4:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks Molokai Mike! FI always been berry good to me. 5th year selling. The tikis that didn't sell are now on display at www.minniesmodesto.com Come on out sometime. Thanks to Andy, Terry, Mike, and Chad for buying tikis.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation