FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events thor's stage banners oasis! final one #4 marina the fire eating mermaid!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
thor's stage banners oasis! final one #4 marina the fire eating mermaid!!!!
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 05:39 am   Permalink

Well..I wanted to contribute something to support this event and Otto and the performers at Oasis. So I agreed to do the banners to hang on the stage in the Crowne Plaza for OASIS 10. With the theme being "Extravaganza"...I felt they could hae a slight "side show" feel with a twist of humor and pinch of Tiki. Kinna like making a tropical drink!!

So, I will post a sneak preview of these the next few days before Oasis. The actual banners will be 3' by 8' in high res on vinyl. They are available to buy, going to highest bidder.(starting at a hundred bucks)... They could be signed by myself and the performer if yah ask pretty please perhaps?? These things will be super cool backdrops to the amazing talents we enjoy in our circle...and a great wall decor for your home Tiki hideaway to celebrate the great Tenth Anniversary of Oasis!!!

Anyway, Otto and I discussed it and we agreed posting these sneak previews would be fun. Mini prints of these may be available if there is the demand....signed as well. I painted the art part and performers in a loose sort of style and scanned them, then did the graphics and type digitally. Again...these should look pretty cool when printed and suit the mood.

See you all at Oasis!!!! ~~THOR

OK..Drummmm Rollllllll First of four performers to be immortalized in vinyl and paint...Is MY friend and the most exotically nutty and talented artist a Tikifite could EVER wanna know!!!! CRAZY AL!!!....see entire thread to see all four banners and performers featured as they are posted!!

[ This Message was edited by: Thor's 2010-08-13 07:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: thor's 2010-08-14 08:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2010-08-14 14:51 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 06:19 am   Permalink

Pretty damn cool, Tom!

Can't wait to have a peek at the remaining three G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 06:42 am   Permalink

Insane! This will be the best stage set up yet!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-12 08:22 am   Permalink

Wow, Tom once again your work hits the AMAZE button!!! Love it man! Hope to meet you this year at Oasis.

Tiki Dirk
http://www.yatesstudios.com

View Profile of Dirk Yates Send a personal message to Dirk Yates  Email Dirk Yates Goto the website of Dirk Yates     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 08:53 am   Permalink

Awesome Tom!
What a way to immortalize Al!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 09:15 am   Permalink

Wow! What a great concept! To immortalize the event and some of our more notable ohana with sideshow-like artwork!!! LOVE IT.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 09:18 am   Permalink

Hey thanks!! My pleasure....these banners were a fun project. I've been burnt out lastely and seeking things to refresh my head a bit..these did the trick!!! More to come!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-12 09:29 am   Permalink

WOAH!
This is fantastic! (I particularly love the details) Love that gorilla- and that one in the straw hat too!
Ultimately, I'm a sucker for Al's "abdominations"

That stage is going to look amazing!
Can't wait to be there!! Ack!
so soon...so soooon...
~M~

View Profile of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! Send a personal message to Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!  Goto the website of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 10:17 am   Permalink

Completely love this! I think people would buy prints...

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 10:18 am   Permalink

crazy.................

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 10:30 am   Permalink

Awesome, Possum!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-12 10:38 am   Permalink

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 12:17 pm   Permalink

That's so cool & quite funny too!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 3:54 pm   Permalink

very cool, I especially love that even in a hair hold Crazy Al looks like he's having a great time! fun

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-12 4:56 pm   Permalink

Tom-The artwork of Crazy Al and the Gorilla holding the mug and Al is really impressive . It describes Al
perfectly. Always great art work.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation