FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki here is a Witco style fountain in the works
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
here is a Witco style fountain in the works
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:32 pm   Permalink

Damn, that's one fine fountain, Ken! I'd be all over it if it weren't for vacations, marriages, house-buying,...aw, I give up!

Love your work, though, and the tiki I got from you a few months ago is still one of my most prized posessions. Keep up the great work and I'm sure we'll do business again soon.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:48 pm   Permalink

That is just beeyootiful! If I had $700 to spend right now I'd be all over it.

One day... one day.

-Mug

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 2:09 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm....thinking....thinking...

Keigs~
Is that for everything in the picture? (except for water and the plants, of course).

I looked for dimensions on the other posts but did not find them. Can you give some more detail on size?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 2:22 pm   Permalink

Yes sorry, For everything except plants, water and rocks. It comes with a pump bottom base and every thing. all you would need is a piece of 1/4 inch or 1/2 plywood for the bottom to set it all on. The measurements are 4ft tall the totem is 13- 14 inches indiameter the base is 40 long inches by 29 inches wide and 4 inches tall.
Thanks again everyone for the compliments.

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 2:38 pm   Permalink

Stellar, your best effort that I have seen.

I do hope someone here picks it up, at $700, a deal IMO. Could easily see it going for more on Ebay.

Kudos,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 3:31 pm   Permalink

Absolutely beautiful. Keep making them and maybe, just maybe my budget can handle it one day.

Have you had some inquiries?

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 4:29 pm   Permalink

It's fabulous, what a great design! Darn it, I don't have the money now but if I did I'd be afraid of what my rotating mutt collection would do to it. Just can't expect any self-respecting dog not to wizz on one side and chew the other.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 4:36 pm   Permalink

wizz on one side and chew the other.

Same problem here...and we don't have a dog.

Wow, what a great audience.
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 4:40 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work, keigs ! It turned out fantastic.

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 5:08 pm   Permalink

I think it would have a better chance with dogs than my neighbors, I yelled at them and ran them out of my yard for screwing with it a few minutes ago. Took me a week to build and would probably take them 10 minutes to take apart and throw it around my yard. tiki_kiliki- no inquiries yet. Except for future ones when people have more cash.
puamana- hows the hut coming
thanks again everyone for your compliments and instead of buying that next shag print buy a fountain (just kidding buy what you like)

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 08:25 am   Permalink

Wow, keigs....I just saw this...I've been distracted lately...That's a fine fountain. I've been surrepticiously plotting one for close to a year now for my own use..but I'm sure it will be nowhere close. Great work!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-20 11:29 am   Permalink

How does the wood deal with that water? Is it just lot's of Thompson's sealant?

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 12:15 pm   Permalink

I sealed the whole thing with with a exterior minwax sealer for sun and water. I coated the bowls 3 times to make a thick coating. They seem to be ok so far. Plus it it cedar so they should last a long time. Thanks Bk Im sure whatever you make will be great I have seen your work.

keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 12:08 pm   Permalink

I havent got any replys so I will be putting it on ebay tonight with a $500.00 reserve. I realize $700.00 is a lot of money. But I do have a nice little chunk of $ into building it and a lot of time. I hope it goes for more than $500.00 to be worth while. If not I hope it goes to a good TC members home. Thanks for all the great comments. I will post a link tonight.

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 12:15 pm   Permalink

That is one awesome fountain. Kudos to you. can I ask what method you use for shipping? I make concrete Tikis and shipping is always an issue. I'm sure your fountain weighs alot more than my 19" hollow Moai heads, and I sometimes have shipping charges to the east coast upwards of $40. What's your secret??
http://home.earthlink.net/~seamus23 if you wanna take a look.

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation