FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at SF Burning Man Decompression party Oct 10th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at SF Burning Man Decompression party Oct 10th
tikitikitom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-15 07:51 am   Permalink

Scroll to bottom to read about Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at SF Burning Man Decompression party Oct 10th

Read on to catch up on Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at this years Burning Man

Once again Shipwreck Tiki Lounge hit the desert for 2010 Burning Man. Volunteers toiled months to raise the "tipsy" factor to stellar levels. Shipwreck Tiki Lounge's past effort were rewarded by Burning Man with the prestigious address of 7:30 and Esplanade. (For the Burning Man novice just think of it as front row center) Since the demise of Tiki Fest, Shipwreck Tiki Lounge is the only remaining venue carrying on the tiki torch at Burning Man.
Check out our website or preferably our facebook page and see our shipwrecky style military entertainment tent with stage, bamboo cage and stripper pole, the brand new driftwood hurricane bar and the booming 10k sound system. Tiki and shipwreck art includes our signature art piece the actual shipwrecked wooden boat, lots of black light tiki paintings, tons of tikis and numerous shipwreck flotsam and jet sum.
For 2011 we need exotica or surf guitar DJ's or DJ wannabe's, pls contact our entertainment director. (Any scantily clad shipwrecked ladies report to me directly.)
Also our brand new Shipwreck Tiki Lounge tiki mugs by legendary Crazy Al are now on sale.
Check out our website at
http://www.shipwrecktikilounge.com or like us at http://www.facebook.com/shipwrecktikilounge

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - fixed broken link - 2010-08-15 13:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikitikitom 2010-09-20 21:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikitikitom 2010-10-05 12:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikitikitom 2010-10-05 12:41 ]

View Profile of tikitikitom Send a personal message to tikitikitom  Goto the website of tikitikitom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-08-15 1:51 pm   Permalink

Good stuff!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-16 12:38 pm   Permalink

Tom

thanks for representing Tiki at Burning Man. Is yours the only "real" Tiki bar there now?
Can your mugs be bought after B Man for those that do not make the trek?

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitikitom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-16 10:23 pm   Permalink

Burning Man is pretty big so there just might be something else out there but I sure haven't found it yet. For sure not on the Esplanade. There are numerous tiki or quasi-tiki themed art cars, some of which are pretty sweet. Burning Man has been bugging me for years to start a tiki village (a conglomeration of tiki camps) but I'm not the best organizer and haven't been able to generate any interest. If other tiki freaks out there are interested we could get some really killer BM real estate. I have an Oakland warehouse home base where alot of cool tiki stuff is stored including those original Bobby Bumatai statues you wanted to check out years ago. Let me know.

View Profile of tikitikitom Send a personal message to tikitikitom  Goto the website of tikitikitom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-19 4:20 pm   Permalink

the ship looks awesome but you are missing the martini kings!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitikitom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-20 10:58 pm   Permalink

Alas, we must use our well worn Martini Kings CD's till the day the Martini Kings are shipwrecked with us at Burning Man.(hint hint)

Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-27 3:14 pm   Permalink

I wish I was going this year! Post photos and next year if you do a tiki camp count me in!

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitikitom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-18 9:19 pm   Permalink

Great new pictures of the award winning Shipwreck Tiki Lounge at Burning Man are now posted on facebook.com/shipwrecktikilounge

Thanks to all who made it happen this year.

To those interested in joining next years party go to our website
shipwrecktikilounge@hotmail.com or fan us on facebook.

Tiki art to be brought to the playa next year is in the early planning stages now! We need the involvement of the tiki community to keep this going and keep it fresh.

News Flash: An edited version of Shipwreck Tiki Lounge will be at the Burning Man Decompression party in L.A. State Historical Park Oct 2nd. A rare L.A. appearance, a great chance to meet and greet and see what tiki at Burning Man is all about.

[ This Message was edited by: tikitikitom 2010-09-18 21:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikitikitom 2010-09-18 21:23 ]

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-20 10:52 am   Permalink

Will you have fab new mugs in LA for the fanz???

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitikitom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-20 8:58 pm   Permalink

To make that happen I'd have to drive halfway to San Diego to San Miguel or somewhere and i'm not sure i have time for that. But we'll see, I'm working on it. You got anybody headed that way next week? Might earn themselves a mug or two. (Remember they also have to be boxed.) For our Burning man Decompression LA our edited version of Shipwreck Tiki Lounge will include the new really cool driftwood bar with thatch roof, the new huge black light tiki prints, and plenty of flotsam and jetsum. We'll smuggle in some grog so if you identify yourself as a tiki centralite they'll be no need for you to pay sky high drink prices (that is if you can stand the swill we serve). Hope to see ya.
tikitom

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-01 2:16 pm   Permalink

Good meeting you at Forbidden Island Tom. Sent you a pm.

www.TikiJungle.com

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-01 2:47 pm   Permalink

Anyone from TC heading over to this?

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-01 3:53 pm   Permalink

GROG was hoping to check it out.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitikitom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-05 12:39 pm   Permalink

This just in: Shipwreck Tiki Lounge will be at the San Francisco Burning Man Decompression party on Sunday Oct. 10th off Indiana st. The infamous (and rare) Crazy Al Shipwreck tiki mugs will be available for sale. This will be our last event of the year and it will be a great one so don't miss it! Come meet the crew and find out what tiki at Burning Man is all about.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 5:41 pm   Permalink

Day trip to S.F. might be happenin' for the Jungle Trader.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation