FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New Les Baxter - Beach Blanket Bingo!
New Les Baxter - Beach Blanket Bingo!
OnyaBirri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-15 1:44 pm   Permalink

La-La Land will release a limited edition CD next week featuring the music from the Frankie-and-Annette classic BEACH BLANKET BINGO (limited to 1200 units), featuring the surviving tracks from Les Baxter's score as well as the backing tracks from the songs (the vocals are excluded due to licensing reasons).

I'm as big of a Les Baxter fan as you're likely to find, but I'm not sure I'll be plunking down $20 for this one. Still, I thought I'd let everyone know.

View Profile of OnyaBirri Send a personal message to OnyaBirri      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 06:07 am   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up Drew. I'm still going to get this. I'm a Baxter completist!!

Just picked up a bootleg of The House of Usher recently. Incredibly scary shit!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 10:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-16 06:07, Jeff Central wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Drew. I'm still going to get this. I'm a Baxter completist!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

ditto!

If just for the tune before the kids sing the theme song.

Thanks Drew!

-Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation