FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Events ╗ ╗ California Events ╗ ╗ Tiki Oasis 2011 dates?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2011 dates?
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-30 10:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-28 15:31, crazy al wrote:
I'm suck a sucker for sequins and those little guitars... Otto can you work on this....?

er, work on the sequins? or the little guitars? I like those big fat rounded back guitars too!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 08:42 am   Permalink

Why not sequin covered little guitars?
P.S. regarding drinks - I'm sticking with Mexican rum.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 09:31 am   Permalink

I'm gonna work on a drink called the Dirty Sanchez.

as for working on the mustache,
I'm already there.
just need to stop trimming it.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 1:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-31 09:31, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm gonna work on a drink called the Dirty Sanchez.

as for working on the mustache,
I'm already there.
just need to stop trimming it.

Jeff(btd)

You could always do it Eric Cartman style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=LV6Ajbdl3Zw&feature=related

"that's my face, sir!"

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 1:49 pm   Permalink

That's hilarious Jason !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 8:26 pm   Permalink

Well then I guess its time then to reveal my spanish name El ichabotcho! Aheeeeeeeeeeeee!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 09:59 am   Permalink

WILL WE SEE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!! in the old Spanish city of San Diego!!!
" íViva Tiki! Ambassador of Tiki in Mexico. Zeta is specialized in the research, study and preservation of Tiki culture in Latin countries."

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 10:56 am   Permalink

Mex-o-TIKI??
One of my earliest Tiki? influences. More PC to say 'Exotica' influences. Los Olivos Restaurant in Old-Scottsdale. In the mid seventies through eighties it was painted a bright 'Mediterranean' White. With giant colorful organic windows/skylights. And a giant Tiki??? well, i giant olive oil pitcher perhaps???
Anyway I took my parents there this year, haven't been there since the mid 80's... still THERE! now next to the Scottsdale-MOMA? and one of those places that when the Mexican lady tells you "be careful the plates are hot", and you touch the plate, you get three degree burns on your fingers... YUM!!

i think i saw this guy when i was three (place touts it's been around more then 50 years), but i loved going to this place because of this giant thing on the roof!!
Viva La TIKI! I'Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!Ha!

more pics on FB
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=16330&id=100001142975893&l=c78aa1c1df

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2010-09-03 11:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2010-09-03 11:46 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 11:23 am   Permalink

Very reminiscent of a Hawaiian Ku.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-06 12:21 pm   Permalink

Just updated my Oasis countdown timer home screen. At the moment there are 345 days and 14 hours till Oasis 11. Can't wait!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-06 12:52 pm   Permalink

that's how you get all those mugs made in time... hmmmmm?

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-12 3:29 pm   Permalink

I like that count down screen idea.

MUCHAS GRACIAS OTTO...it is just awesome to know when Oasis will occur next year and the theme. I may be hosting at a nursing convention there, so will try to get the dates to coincide...YEAH!!! If I can pull it off, my transportation and hotel will get covered by work...that means I would even get to shop at Oasis...yeeehaw!!!

When ever I hear Guantanamera, it reminds me of what I thought the words were as a kid..."One ton tomato...but even one ton tomato...one ton tomaaaaato...but even one ton tomato!!!"

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-12 4:22 pm   Permalink

Alas, I will miss the 2011 Tiki Oasis as I will be in Reno for Renovation, the 69th World Science Fiction Convention.

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-12 4:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-12 15:29, VampiressRN wrote:
When ever I hear Guantanamera, it reminds me of what I thought the words were as a kid..."One ton tomato...but even one ton tomato...one ton tomaaaaato...but even one ton tomato!!!"

LOL! So glad to have company:

As a child, ONE TON TOMATO is exactly what I thought the lyrics were as well...I still hear them in my head when ever I play that.

Really looking forward to next year's Oasis, as Latinesque exotica is my thing.

Cheers,
Gina (of the Jungle... aka Martiki-bird)

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-12 5:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-12 16:30, Martiki-bird wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-12 15:29, VampiressRN wrote:

LOL! So glad to have company:

As a child, ONE TON TOMATO is exactly what I thought the lyrics were as well...I still hear them in my head when ever I play that.

Really looking forward to next year's Oasis, as Latinesque exotica is my thing.

Cheers,
Gina (of the Jungle... aka Martiki-bird)

Yep! been singing that for years... Maybe that is the new entrance parade! the mariachi's should did it right??

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation