FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shecky mugs - Sold out
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Shecky mugs - Sold out
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-05-20 01:04 am   Permalink

The Drink Contest rendered 15 entries with 2 pages worth of ingredients. The judging will happen soon. I'll keep y'all posted!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 10:21 pm   Permalink

I've got my Drawing about ready for the contest. How was it done before? Should we start a new thread for entries or should someone like myself start a website of entries and have a place to vote on them? (maybe it should be someone who is not entering the contest) Does anyone know if the original contest is still available to view and if so where?

As you can tell I'm all for a new TC mug! If Stuckie is for it we should help him make some extra $$ and have fun doing it. What a great opportunity to be able to design a mug!

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 06:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-20 22:21, MauiTiki wrote:
I've got my Drawing about ready for the contest. How was it done before? Should we start a new thread for entries or should someone like myself start a website of entries and have a place to vote on them?

I love the idea of another TC mug and agree that a new TC mug doesn't have to be a new mascot.

I say if Stuckie's game, start a new thread!

If there was a contest and new mug whenever the old one sells out then we have access to some really cool (and different) designs by artists who don't have the resources to make their own mugs. I like having a wide diversity in the styles of mugs in my collection!

Mug

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 07:49 am   Permalink

I am down with the contest Idea.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 10:10 am   Permalink

Hold off on starting the contest for another week at least. I may have an idea to run past everyone here about the contest. If not for a new tiki central mug then for some other specific contest. Just waiting on more info.
Later
-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki D
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-21 7:04 pm   Permalink

Holy Cow!!!

I've heard of building some suspense but this is taking it to a whole new level. I for one can't wait to hear about the contest ideas.

View Profile of Tiki D Send a personal message to Tiki D      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-24 5:46 pm   Permalink

Well, its no where near to being finalized but we came up with the idea of doing a mug design contest where all proceeds from the mugs sales would go towards an event(talking to otto about it now). The winner of the contest would get, like the past tikicentral contest, some free mugs of their winning design.
I had at first thought this would be a great contest for tiki central but now considering I have no idea as to the details, its going to have to wait.

So.... back to the original idea.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-27 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-24 17:46, stuckieshaft wrote:
...its going to have to wait.

So.... back to the original idea.

-stuckie

So, the original Idea is to have a contest for a NEW Tiki Central Mug?

Stuckie, why don't you start a new thread with some design requirements and suggestions and we'll submit our designs to the thread when you're ready.

Not to rush you or anything, But I've got a couple ready to post!

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 09:59 am   Permalink

Waiting to post the info, have to discuss some things with hanford first.
Hopefully soon we will post the info/requirments.

-stuckie

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-29 2:07 pm   Permalink

This is an idea that came up quite a while back, but could well fit in with this scheme.

The concept of taking a mug away on vacation and taking a photograph of it (or in unusual locations/with celebrities etc) seemed to go down well. Unfortunately, it proved difficult to decide on a mug. Shecky was the obvious choice, but proved too precious to risk breakage. That's why I suggest having an edition of tough little mini-Shecky's be made. Much easier to carry, less easily broken, perhaps cheaper to buy - photographing these little guys in unusual places (stop sniggering at the back!) could prove to be a fine vein of creativity for Tiki Centralites.

Don't get me wrong - I'm well up for the next Munktiki/Tiki Central competition......bring it on!
Just thinking aloud that a mini "Travelin' Shecky" could be a great source of fun as well as filling that Shecky-sized hole (Again at the back!! Stop it!) in those who missed out the first time.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-29 10:19 pm   Permalink

I have Sheckies #10 and #11.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 02:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-24 17:46, stuckieshaft wrote:all proceeds from the mugs sales would go towards an event

Woah! Just noticed this. This event wouldn't happen to be on the West Coast, would it? And the funding for it comes from Tiki-philes worldwide? Hmmmm, not fair at all.
The West Coast already has bountiful Tiki bars, stores, parties etc etc etc while the rest of the US/World struggles to find Tiki.

Getting non-West-Coasters to subsidise West Coast parties seems a bit like the fat guy scrounging money from the thin guy to pay for more cream for his cake.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 02:54 am   Permalink

Maybe they could sell enough mugs to buy you a plane ticket!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 04:05 am   Permalink

Now that's the kind of benefit I'd throw my weight behind!

Trader Woody

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 07:46 am   Permalink

I love the travelling Shecky idea. I am going to take a photo of Shecky at a famous Toronto landmark ASAP! Each of us live in enough varied places (well, aside from the aberrant Californian concentration) that we could all submit pics of Shecky in our home towns and still have a very global looking scrapbook.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation