FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Hi Time's Wine Cellars 7th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 (On Page 3)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Hi Time's Wine Cellars 7th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 (On Page 3)
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 6:30 pm   Permalink

Great event for a good cause...

Does this qualify as a Tiki Event? Well, not really. But this Sunday afternoon you can sample and vote for the Rapa Nui Volcano Chili being sponsored the TIKI TI! Stop by and say hey to Mike, Mike Jr. and Mark, try some of the more than 30 other Chili entries, listen to live music or just go shopping for Booze in what is arguably the best wine and liquor store in Southern California! $5 bucks gets you in...Moai fun than sitting at home!

[ This Message was edited by: A frame 2010-08-28 16:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: A frame 2011-08-23 10:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: A Frame 2012-08-09 19:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: A Frame 2012-08-25 00:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: A Frame 2013-08-19 15:38 ]

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-28 08:12 am   Permalink

WooHoooo! We will be there for sure to cheer you on Anders. SoccerTiki says, "If your chili is as good as your breakfast burritos, you are a sure winner."

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-29 6:44 pm   Permalink

Cheers to Anders for The Best Chili at The Chili Cook Off today...WooHoo!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 8:00 pm   Permalink

Rapa Nui Volcano Chili-A Pyroclastic Sensation ! Tiki Ti # 1

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 8:04 pm   Permalink

Congrats gentlemen!!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 8:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words and a special thanks to Soccer Tiki & WooHoo, Go-Go & Dani, Scott, Adrian and all the TC Ohana who attended!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 8:40 pm   Permalink

Aww, Anders! Sorry we missed this event! I know you were talking about it at the Rumpus Room a while back, I didn't realize it was happening today!

Although I'm guessing nobody was making any veggie chili?

Didja win?!?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-29 11:25 pm   Permalink

Anders is the mack daddy of the grill!!!!!! make that chilli hot "Caliente if you will"
Sorry I missed it!!!

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 1:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Eric & Rory, sorry you missed it, there was plenty of cold Beer to go with all that chili! I was told we finished 4th out of 33 entries in Peoples Choice category, not too shabby...

I'd really like to thank Buhen's, Mike, Mike Jr. and Mark for sponsoring and help making it all happen, the TIKI TI Rules! Also thanks gotta go out to Kirby for the Moai, to Mike, Barnaby and daughters Allison & Emily for serving and most of all my wife Joan, who allowed me to destroy our kitchen over the weekend.

Here's a few more photo's, Aloha!

kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 08:45 am   Permalink

That was some good chilli, 4th place is not bad, but it desereved higher. Nice seeing the TC turnout.
Man, the place was packed, next time I'll try coming earlier.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-23 08:04 am   Permalink

WooHoo! It's that time of year again: Don't Forget to Vote for A Frame's Chili

The Tiki-Ti will once again be participating in the Hi-Times Charity Chili Cookoff. Come on down and rate our chili: Booth #9 PELE'S REVENGE FIRE OF THE GODS (we came in 4th last year), and have some Tiki-Ti Rum Punch to boot. It's all for a good cause, so mark your calendars for Sunday August the 28th. Uga Booga! more info here:
http://www.hitimewine.net/chili_cookoff_11.asp

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-08-23 08:06 ]

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-23 10:23 am   Permalink

A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 11:47 am   Permalink

Yes WooHoo, it is that time again and we're in it to win it!

If you've never been to Hi Time before, there's no time like this coming Sunday to check it all out. Let's see, inside Hi Time can stock your home bar with liquor (they have well over 50 feet of shelf space with just rum alone!), you can buy beer, wine, candy and even cigars at their smoke shack (which BTW can be smoked inside the TIKI TI!). Outside, lots of chili, music, plenty to drink and fun.

TIKI FARM has donated a bunch of Joe Cool shot mugs which can be gotten cheap with drink tickets and most importantly, all of the proceeds from the event go right to the Boy's and Girl's Club.

So stop by the TIKI TI booth to say hi and have some chili and Tiki Punch! Hope to see you there!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 6:23 pm   Permalink

Is all of the Chili Crazy Hot?

I like a nice mild chili,
like the kind that you put on hot dogs.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-23 6:47 pm   Permalink

I was there last year, not all Chili is crazy hot. Many different varieties.
One thing for sure, find a parking place a few blocks away, and walk.

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation