FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Hi Time's Wine Cellars 7th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 (On Page 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Hi Time's Wine Cellars 7th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 (On Page 3)
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-27 12:05 am   Permalink

Why are there no people in those pictures with you guys?
we couldn't even get in today!

Congrats again Anders!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-27 9:55 pm   Permalink

I can vouch for it being more crowded than those photos let on. But due to Tiki Oasis Photo Phatigue (no, really...it's a thing), I didn't take many photos myself. Was good to see John-O, Roger, Adrian, and some other tiki people among the masses.

Any many thanks to Anders for the hospitality in the Tiki-Ti booth. We were introduced to a bunch of cool people there, had some fantastic chili, and delicious punch. Anders, I'm glad to hear you guys won. We had some other chili yesterday, but yours was the only one we had seconds (ok, and thirds) of. Well done!

Panels from the Tiki-Ti booth

Anders tending to the chili

Incoming chili message!

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-28 4:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words and please keep the pictures coming if you have any, I didn't bring my camera. Our TIKI-TI chili won the People's Choice for the 2nd year in a row & also won this year's judging as well, thus becoming 2012 Grand Champion!

A whole lot of people to thank including Holden & TIKI FARM for the shot mugs, Bob & LeRoy and OCEANIC ARTS for providing the tropical decor for the booths and APPLETON'S main man and sponsor Phil, who served two great drinks for everyone to enjoy and provided the CORUBA for the punch and made the VOLCANO ROOM the place to be! It was very special to have KING KUKULELE stop in and perform for the crowd, thanks Denny!!

I can't possibly forget all of TIKI-TI folks that showed to support us and those who helped set up and serve (hoping I don't miss someone important to the effort here) including Victor, Barnaby, Stella, Vickie, Dave, Anna and Gil, who also created both awesome booth banners. You guys ROCK! Thanks also to all of the TC people who came great distances try this year’s entry; it was great to see you all.

Tom Grill is an official superhero for donating the booths, being there from beginning to end and doing everything, all for our success. Thank you Tom!

My wife Joan and daughters Allison & Emily and her boyfriend Mark not only had to put up with me, but they also toted all the chili supplies around and served the patrons with smile all day. Thanks for your support and love!

Mike and the whole Buhen family deserve the biggest thank you of all for believing in the whole idea in the first place and supporting it. We did it and did in TIKI-TI style!

[ This Message was edited by: A Frame 2012-08-31 13:13 ]

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-31 1:15 pm   Permalink

Found a photo of the winning team!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-31 9:38 pm   Permalink

And here's a shot with some hangers-on that did absolutely no work other than showing up and tasting the stuff, and then squeezed into the picture to get some of the glory:

...well, Denny actually stood on a bucket earlier on and did his schtick, if that counts

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-31 11:06 pm   Permalink

Way to go A-Frame, you rock!

Really wanted to make this, but volleyball got in the way.

Next year, THREE-PEAT!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-19 3:43 pm   Permalink

Well, now that Oasis is over...it's TIKI-TI CHILI TIME! Check out the flyer. BE THERE!!

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-19 4:10 pm   Permalink

I plan on being there for a worthy cause and good grub.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-19 9:24 pm   Permalink

Sounds gOOd!

And, I just ran out of Ron 23.

Perfect!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-08-20 08:34 am   Permalink

Texas-style chili=no beans!
If I can convince my 13-year old nephew to go I will be there. It looks delicious, fun and it's for a great cause.
I grew up going to Tolbert's Chili Parlor in Dallas and my dad ground his own chilies for chili so I miss eating the good stuff.

Tiki Ti posted on Facebook that they're looking for some Western style knick-knacks to display in their booth.

Bowl of Red and Shiner Bock, yum!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-20 12:56 pm   Permalink

Here's a little more background on this year's event. The Hi Time Wine Cellars 7th Annual Chili Cook-Off is this Sunday from noon to 5PM in Costa Mesa. Live music and all the chili you can sample (and there are over 30 entries) are included in the admission price of $10.00. Beer & Wine can be purchased on the grounds with drink tickets and remember, all money collected at the cook-off benefits the Boys & Girls Club of the Newport Harbor area...

More info here:
http://www.hitimewine.net/7th-Annual-Charity-Chili-Cook-Off.html

With this year's Western theme, it’s time to change up the name as well! As last year's People's Choice & defending Grand Champions, we're teaming up with Co-Sponsor DEADHEAD RUM to try to make this year's cook-off memorable and back-to-back-to-back awarding winning! Also for the 3rd year in a row, Holden & TIKI FARM have donated some really cool shot mugs which can be purchased using drink tickets as well!

So come out and try the TIKI-TI's "BLAZING SADDLES CHILI" and taste the Wild West...with a Tiki Twist!

We'll be serving our a Texas style chili (that means no beans or Schnitzelgruben!) and you can add some "sweet, heat & cool" to your chili with a bit of the Chipotle-Pineapple Crema AKA "Mongo Sauce" if ya got a hankerin’. Of course you'll want to “trade” a few drink tickets at the booth, because we'll have plenty of that there tasty TIKI-TI Tiki Punch to chug down and put out the chili fire!

Talking about shots, right next door to the BLAZING SADDLES booth is the DEADHEAD RUM SALOON!

So come on in, set a spell and chew the fat with the ICONIC BRANDS team while enjoying some DEADHEAD RUM or APOCALYPTO TEQUILA! Hope to see ya there!!

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-25 09:24 am   Permalink

Save me sum! We're on our way.
Cheers and good luck Anders

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-25 09:55 am   Permalink

Good Luck A-Frame.

W

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-25 7:56 pm   Permalink

What an awesome event for a great cause. Samples of good chili and in your case, great chili, samples tequilas, bourbons and rums. I won't spill the beans on how your crew did but I will keep an eye out for your posting and pictures. For those that did not make it this year, don't miss next years' event. Thanks Anders.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2013-08-25 9:34 pm   Permalink

Another packed afternoon of chili and fun out at Hi Time today. And once again Anders and the Tiki-Ti crew knocked it out of the park. Great job folks! I'd better be hearing that you won for the 3rd year in a row or I think we need to ask for a recount.

It's safe to say this a popular event.

Which way to the Blazing Saddles Chili?

Ask the Governor

Follow the sound of the triangle.

Step right up.

Why yes, Mongo want Mongo Sauce.

MOAR TRIANGLE!

Val's sitting side-saddle. You just can't see the saddle.

I don't remember the Moai in Blazing Saddles. I may need to re-watch it, with a bowl of chili.

Once again, great job by Anders and the whole Tiki-Ti crew!

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation