FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Hi Time's Wine Cellars 7th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 (On Page 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Hi Time's Wine Cellars 7th Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 (On Page 3)
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-25 9:53 pm   Permalink

I'll sorta spill the chili-beans. Congrats Anders! Well done.
Here's some pix, These are the two lines at 12pm, one for prepaid and one for "pay at the door"

The crowd 5 minutes after start of the event.

The Man.

Polypop (rht) and friend

TikiVato

A-frame and company

My tikiqueen CeCe and her friend Jack

Crowd about one O'clock

This nice couple came down from Canada with their children-you might have seen them all at Oasis13. Wish my memory wasn't so bad cuz I forget names so quickly. Maybe it was the delicious Tiki Ti rum punch A-frames booth was serving. I apologize Canadians -identify
yourselves.

Crowd bout 3 pm just before we bagged.
You know it's gonna be fun when Soccertiki (Chris) and WooHoo (Karen)show up.

Sorry, I somehow deleted the pix of Karen and TikliVatos wife Rosemary-There's that demon rum again
Thank Anders and everyone else involved in putting this event together, especially HiTimes Liquors. They are a class act!
Cheers
Btw, weather could not have been better!

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 7:55 pm   Permalink

Maybe Anders doesn't want to brag so I'll spill the Chili for him. He and his crew won the following three awards:

Peoples Choice: First Place:

First Place: Chili

Best booth presentation

Congrats to Anders.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-26 8:21 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to Anders & the Tiki-Ti !

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 10:41 pm   Permalink

Dey also got best drink fo the Tiki Ti punch. Tanks Tiki Ti-It was onolicious!

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-27 1:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-26 20:21, Hiphipahula wrote:
Congratulations to Anders & the Tiki-Ti !

^ Yeah, what she said! ^

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-06 9:13 pm   Permalink

Well after two weeks, I should be rested enough after this last chili cook-off to try this now...so here goes.

First, I'd like to say thanks to all the folks that came out to the cook-off. Way too many to list, but you know who you are and some of you came from great distances (like Canada) and spent the whole day supporting us and even serving the crowd. Thank you for making the event, the event! I wish I had taken more photos...thanks to everyone who did and put them on Facebook.

Next, there's Tom Grill & his son Daniel, Gil, Anna and Victor who helped set up the booth and decorate, serve, cook, tote hay, make signs, provide cowboy hats, etc., etc...You guys were so great and BTW Tom, Daniel will be cooking this chili soon!

Special thanks to Holden & Tiki Farm for donating the shot mugs which went so fast!

Kim and gang at Deadhead Rum brought their "A Game" and put the booth over the top, resulting in us all getting the best presentation award! Kim, thank you so much donating the booth space & the delicious Deadhead Rum and pouring all the samples!

Mike Sr. & Vickie, Mike Jr. & Mari, Mark and all from the Tiki Ti. Thanks for supporting me and the whole crazy idea back in 2010 through to this year’s effort. Mike, you made another power packed punch and the crowd loved it. So did all the Tiki people!

It never goes without saying, my wife Joan and daughters Allison & Emily served, smiled and enjoyed the event. I couldn't have done it without you. Oh, can't forget Emily's boyfriend Mark who helped truck everything to Costa Mesa. He even found a guy to take the hay off our hands, THANKS!

The chili was pretty good this year and the booth was the coolest. It’s still a little shocking to hear them announce “TIKI TI” three times, but darn it, we were in it to win it. And we did!!

Now it’s time to take time. Time off that is from the Hi Time cook-off in 2014. We’ll do it again in a few years, maybe even Charlie will show up to the next one!

ICS? Hmmmmm...that sounds interesting.

Cheers!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-09-08 09:10 am   Permalink

Congratulation to the whole crew. And allow me to extend a laurel and hardy handshake! (I guess that works better said out load).

Kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation