FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My wife made me a tiki painting!
My wife made me a tiki painting!
pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-30 06:06 am   Permalink

So I get a text at work last night from my wife asking where the blank canvases are. She hasn't painted in years, but I told her the stretched ones are in the garage. Well she keeps texting me throughout the night saying she just felt the need to paint and that she doesn't want to stop. I get little teasers throughout the night of what she's painting but can't make out much. At around 4 in the morning I get a text with the actual full picture, and it blew me and my coworkers away! I couldn't believe it. She was really motivated it and I think it's extremely great! These pictures don't do the actual thing justice, but later today after I sleep I'll try to get some good pictures in the daylight. Please let me know what you think!

Without flash:

With flash:

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 06:23 am   Permalink

WOW!! You've got one talented lady - and fortunate for you that she has turned her talents to tiki

Very Nice!!!!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-30 06:24 am   Permalink

Very cool! What a great gift to come home to.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 06:45 am   Permalink

Cool! Interesting composition!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:23 am   Permalink

YAY!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 7:19 pm   Permalink

It's always great to hear about someone picking up their brushes after many years and doing something really nice like this piece.

Is your wife a Tiki fan? It sure looks like she'd have to be.

Is she thinking about continuing to paint? She's got the touch, it'd be a waste if she stopped.

Maybe she could enter the "Birds of Paradise" swap to get in touch with fellow artists?

What a cool gift to you!

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 7:32 pm   Permalink

Yeah - what Robb said!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pennjones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-30 10:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I was really blown away by this when I came home this morning. I didn't get any pictures in the daylight because it rained most of the day here, but I will hopefully tomorrow. She's not really a tiki fan, but she fully supports my hobby! I hope she continues to paint, because I agree that she has a great talent. I'll try to talk her into the Birds trade! Thanks again for all the compliments, I'll pass them on to her!

[ This Message was edited by: pennjones 2010-08-30 22:30 ]

View Profile of pennjones Send a personal message to pennjones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation