FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis listening party tonight!!
Tiki Oasis listening party tonight!!
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-01 12:13 am   Permalink

Wed, Sept 1
8pm til 1am
Forbidden Island

Featuring music I scored at Tiki Oasis. Kim Tsoy, and live music from Tiki Oasis 10!!

Live, in-person, Bob the Sound Wizard

Be the first to hear these live recordings!!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 12:21 am   Permalink

Hoping to be there!!!!

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 06:59 am   Permalink

Am I to understand that there were some live recordings of the bands at Oasis? if so, is a CD in the works? (I would definitely buy one!)

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 07:57 am   Permalink

me too

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-01 08:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-01 06:59, lucas vigor wrote:
Am I to understand that there were some live recordings of the bands at Oasis? if so, is a CD in the works? (I would definitely buy one!)

Me too! A TO10 CD would be awesome.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-01 7:06 pm   Permalink

Yes, there are recordings of the past 5 years but rights, payment agreements, budgets, and the fact that CDs just don,t sell have conspired against any possibility of releasing anything

Come tonight and u will hear the awesomeness of Bob the Soundman!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 8:28 pm   Permalink

That's a shame, Otto. The sound WAS really good. Very professional. This is something you should consider doing in the future. I am sure most bands would have enjoyed a "Live at Tiki Oasis" set, as a straight feed from the mixing board. And I do think you would have sold CDs. All the people who could not attend, from all over the country, all over the world, actually, would have enjoyed hearing what we all heard.

I don't need to tell you that with Tiki Oasis, you have showcased some of the finest bands in the tiki scene. Heck, I would even go so far as to say that they might be some of the finest "Pop" bands in the world, arguably. And capturing one of these bands live, playing in their "element"....well, most if not all the bands a few weeks ago were totally on fire! I think you would have captured some magic moments!

Please consider doing so in the future. Make it an option in the band contracts. I am sure more musicians besides just me would have been interested! It's a piece of Tiki History!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation