FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Hula Girls with Ex-Blaster, Dave Alvin @ The Coach House/Saturday, Oct 9th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Hula Girls with Ex-Blaster, Dave Alvin @ The Coach House/Saturday, Oct 9th
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 4:52 pm   Permalink

Hey friends!

The Hula Girls are opening up for the legendary guitar genius, ex-Blaster, and two time Grammy award winner, Dave Alvin, at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano on Oct 9th! I'm really excited about this one. Dave Alvin has kinda been my songwriting hero since back when he was in the Blasters. He writes AMAZING songs. AND he plays the hell out of that guitar! I bet he's never had a 'hulabilly' band open for him before. Haha....

Tickets are $15 at the door, but only $13 from us. It ain't much of a price break, but the ticket sales DO help us to secure a place playing that great venue again in the future!

Please buy tickets from the band. You can get 'em here, at our web store:
http://thehulagirls.bigcartel.com/product/the-hula-girls-with-dave-alvin-at-the-coach-house-on-october-9th-2010

Hope to see some friends there!

By the way, because we just ain't that pretty to look at, we'll have returning 'hula girl', Miss Judy Luck with us, as well as a brand new dancer, Miss Audrie Loraine!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-09-08 10:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: luckydesigns 2010-09-29 19:08 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 6:16 pm   Permalink

Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-07 6:31 pm   Permalink

You sure you the ratio of prettiness to ugliness is correct? Bong and Lucas tip the scales pretty far one way. You may need to add another pretty girl dancing.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 8:45 pm   Permalink

With bells on!

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 10:16 pm   Permalink

Cruel, Grog...very cruel!
Hahahahahaa....

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 10:22 pm   Permalink

Spike is it Friday Oct 8th.
Or Sat. Oct 9th?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 10:01 am   Permalink

Good catch, Jeff! It is actually Saturday, the 9th!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 11:39 am   Permalink

Damn,
my B-day party that night.
sorry man,
can't make it.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 9:00 pm   Permalink

Having recently seen Dave twice with the Blasters and last week with the Guilty Women...
a good time will be had by all!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBeast
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-09 09:29 am   Permalink

I'm not able to attend, -brutal!
...but great show at the TO10. got to pile around with Judy Luck who deserves props for promotion. Lucky Hula!

I'm hoping for a bay area gig! I know many fans of the Hula Girls up here!

View Profile of TikiBeast Send a personal message to TikiBeast  Email TikiBeast     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-09 09:51 am   Permalink

We're working on getting up to the bay area... Maybe a quick SF and Santa Cruz mini tour...

Thanks for the compliments about the TO show!

TikiBeast
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-09 09:55 am   Permalink

Oh! that would be splendid! Santa Cruz would RULE, but I would make an SF trip too. Keep us posted, and this coming show sounds like a perfect getaway for those who can make it. I'm not happy about missing it.

View Profile of TikiBeast Send a personal message to TikiBeast  Email TikiBeast     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 7:20 pm   Permalink

Reminder that we are opening up for the legendary former 'Blaster', Dave Alvin, at The Coach House this NEXT Saturday night (10/09/10). Please buy tickets from our web store if you would like to join in on the fun. We really need to move tickets for this show!!

By the way, because we just ain't that pretty to look at, we'll be joined, on stage, by our hulabilly-a-go-go dancers, Miss Judy Luck and Miss Audrie Loraine!

http://www.thehulagirlsband.com

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 8:34 pm   Permalink

And right in my backyard... this is so cool and yes Spike, I'm gonna head on over to your site and buy my tix!! Promise no "elbowing" this time around amigo!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 10:50 pm   Permalink

Haha! Right on, Holden. I just saw that you bought tickets. I'll mail them out tomorrow! Thanks, buddy!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation